Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Tailgate latch

777 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PURPLE_2L_LX 
#1 ·
Hello I seem have a problem! About a month ago I had the amber round warning light on the dash come on and a tailgate open warning. The amber light turns to red when a drive off. The tailgate is shut. I can open the boot as normal from the fob or dash button. Since then the interior light stays on after the door is closed so have had to turn that off. Over the last week I have had some starting issues. This being that the starter seems to struggle but after a few goes the car will start. As the battery is getting on I thought that would be the problem so changed it. The problem continues though and today it took about 20 attempts to start. I’m not getting the normal starter failing noises , clicking buzzing etc it just feels like the starter in not getting enough power. I plan to check the connections to ensure they are clean. Are these issues connected or do I have a starter motor on its way out and a latch that needs replacing or do I have a power drain. Thanks for any thoughts ,

#2 ·
If the lights are staying on then that will drain the battery. Microswitch in the lock or

a separate switch activated when the boot is open?

Amber warning light? which one? Temperature warning (snowflake)?

Some cars have 2 separate bulbs but some the bulb changes from amber under 5 degrees

to red when its 0 or below.

Battery/Alternator test... http://www.talkford.com/topic/205394-battery-test-procedure/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.