Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can only do it with the new mot cert....but..

If you do do it online you obviously pay there and then!....but can you drive right away??, as you wont have the disc!, unlike going to the posty...

What happen's!?

PS...the been sorned...but they take the money right away, so can you drive....right away!!??

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Paid for mine online when we had the Ka. Theres a page you can print off to show plod you really have taxed the car if you get pulled up. Theres a number or reference on it that can be checked iirc. Mines due on the Mondie at the end of this month, and ill be taxing it online and driving it wether its displayed or not!

·
Working on the Choo-Choo trains
1,950 Posts
A mate of mine who's one of the boys in blue (well, girl anyway) told me that the police will check on their computer anyway and that will show it up as being taxed - so no problem.

...except... it is still law that you should have the disc displayed (a case of technology overtaking old rules I think), so I suppose a copper could be funny about it. But in my experience they only go strictly by the book if you wind them up by being gobby or something.

I drove my car before the disc arrived anyway.

·
Registered
487 Posts
ditto ..

everything is on computer, and the feds can check it all.. about time really :)

with number plate recognition, they can tell if your insured, taxxed and MOT'd .. so in theory they are out catching those that arent .. :L

·
Registered
9 Posts
:(:( I wish I knew you could do the tax online yesterday!!! My car has been sat in the garage for 2 days now and will do for another day, whilst I await the insurance cover note thats needed to insure the car at the posty. I was supposed to be travelling the 300 miles home today too, but the lack of tax stopped that!!! ARGH!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.