Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum...

Ive recently installed a mk2 mondeo 1.8TD engine to my mk3.5 fiesta...

now Ive had problems with being fucked around getting the timing belt installed and timed.

Does anyone have a guide or an idea on how i could try and time it myself, i have the kit but i dont have the timing pins.

is there any way i can do this??

cheers

Ghost. :L

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
sorry i cant be off help. Ive actually been eyeing up the possibility of installing one of my TD blocks myself into my 95 mk3 fezza. Did it go in ok and did everything mate up alright?

Will also ask my mate about timing the blocks up as he rebuilt the head on my fezza and timed it up for me.

Will Pt asking more questions later.

jcth1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its pretty much the same block so it all bolts in fine,

it should run straight from the off, there are only a couple of things that you need to change...afaik, that i have had to change

·
2,220 Posts
yea i had a feeling it would fit. my mechanic/mate thought theres a chance the turbo would foul but we never got as far to look at it.

Things which were worrying me were changing the wiring over and such. i know ill have to use the mondeo exhaust but that isnt off concern.

jcth1

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
You could use a drill bit for the fuel pump timing, Then a strong rod for the crank timing (the timing pin is under the PAS pump, then use a flat metal bar to time the camshaft (remove the rocker cover, the location is on the right end of the cam looking ata the engine)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh, and the wiring is the same apart from the feul pump, and the only thing you have to change there is the fuel cut off solenoid for the mk1 as it runs on 12v pulse of the ignition rather then the PATs of the mk2

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mate, i need some real detail as this is the first time i will have timed a car.... Im not the greatest mechanical mind unfortunately and am learning as I go.

Im quite happy to pay someone to give me a hand :whistling: lol

·
2,220 Posts
where are you Ghost. Thanks for the link to the website. Basically whats been done is what i wanted to do to my Fezza.

Is the Red one for sale?

jcth1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im in Enfield...

The red one now has a 1.8 ZT in it....

Im one of the only people i know silly enough to put a TD in the fiesta so there arent any about. I know of 4 and 3 have had the same engine. :gayfight:

I just really need this thing on the road, and would prefer to either have someone who knows what they are doing to do it.

I dont trust garages and the prices they charge if they find something else wrong :shifty:

·
2,220 Posts
Enfield, wheres that??

As with the guide on your web page well thanks for the link. Pretty much removed all the hassle for me and im hoping to be aquiring a 1.1 with an xr2kit on it.

jcth1

·
2,220 Posts
[quote name=Ghost.]anyone? :thumbup: :thumbdown: [/quote]

I know someone who could do it as he timed up my fezza but he did it with help from a mate whos a mechanic.

Could always ask him. no harm in trying

jcth1

·
MEG Corporal
866 Posts
MattyBird said:
You could use a drill bit for the fuel pump timing, Then a strong rod for the crank timing (the timing pin is under the PAS pump, then use a flat metal bar to time the camshaft (remove the rocker cover, the location is on the right end of the cam looking ata the engine)
I've been told that the Mk2 doesn't have the hole for the timing pin like the Mk1 does. I can't confirm this from personal experience and it seems odd that the later petrol engines still use a TDC pin.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
right, ive got it to another 'mate' to try and get it sorted...

fingers crossed

and the mk2 does have the timing holes its just i would prefer something like this to be done right and not me messing it up trying :gayfight:

·
MEG Corporal
866 Posts
[quote name=Ghost.]right, ive got it to another 'mate' to try and get it sorted...

fingers crossed

and the mk2 does have the timing holes its just i would prefer something like this to be done right and not me messing it up trying :gayfight: [/quote]

Does it have the hole in the block under the P/S pump for setting TDC?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.