Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
....or put the the registration or VIN number in at www.etis.ford.com - it will tell you there what the spec of the car is. You do have to register, but its quick and easy (no email confirmation, no cost etc. just a username and password).

(come on guys - Ive said that loads lately, surely some of you can let people know in my absense :} :} :L )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The under bonnet sticker says 115PS, the cable off of the turbo makes the car 115PS, the ford site //www.etis.ford.com says the car is 115PS. The insurance companies database think the car is the 130 variant. I'll have to put them right. Thanks to all for assistance. :)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Is an easy visible check the actuator heat shield. The 130 has Variable Vane so has the it at the back of the engine (if you look at the sound proofing under the bonnet lid, there is a silver bit at the back - this is over it when the bonnet is down, the 115 is fixed vane so doesnt have this heat shield.

Might be wrong though.

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
some of the earlier 115's had a variable vane, hence why haynes got it wrong!!!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I thought Ford switched the TDDi 115 over to fixed vane (like the TDDi 90) towards the end of 2001 at the same time as the TDCi 130 was being produced. This meant when Ford released the TDCi 115 mid-late 2002 it had the Fixed Vane turbo meaning it was only the 130 at that time that was variable.

·
MEG Corporal
894 Posts
I have driven several 115's and 130's and can honestly say that I don't feel particularly deprived with my current 115 5 speed as it does everything I ask of it and delivers 53pmg every day. All that torque is a very good way to disguise that it only has 115 ps.

·
MEG Corporal
848 Posts
DavePage:
The 130 has Variable Vane so has the it at the back of the engine (if you look at the sound proofing under the bonnet lid, there is a silver bit at the back - this is over it when the bonnet is down, the 115 is fixed vane so doesnt have this heat shield.
My TDDI has this silver heat proofing on the insulation. Does this mean that I have the VV?
Cheers. :L

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
the variable vane uses a vacuum instead of an actuator, the difference is very clear if you look in haynes!!!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Robbins said:
My TDCi has the silver heat shield but is not a variable vane.
Think they all have the heat shield thingy on the underneath of the bonnet, but where it meets upto on the engine I think only the Variable Vanes have the silver metal heat shield thingy in the engine bay (at the top of the plastic cover)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.