Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Little Megger
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest I'd sacrafice a bit of BHP for a bit of economy because I'm doing alot of motorway miles commuting to work, which is mainly why I now want a Mondy TDCi (plus I like 'em alot!). I was originally thinking of a MK2 2.0 16V but that could prove to be a bit pricey on fuel. I do at least 500 miles a week, and thats just on work. It seems the new Diesels are the way to go with them being just as fast if not faster than the petrol varient. I've curently got a Golf diesel, but it' the old diesel engine and it's not as economical as you'd think on the motorway, so a mondy TDCi fits the bill perfectly, if not a little out of my price range.
i have had a lot of cars, inc near new 500se Merc
this 2005 tdci Zetec wagon I have now is by far the best car I have ever owned
I have just done 50000km in Europe, it sits on 100mph all day if I want it to, but usually I cruise it at 74mph which is actually 70mph as the darned speedo reads 6% high over the whol;e range, which means it has done 7000 miles LESS than the odo reads
It is a 115, most amazin' thing is that it is still on the original battery, and after 4 months iced up in Germany last winter, I had to prise open the doors, and it started on flick of the switch
Flamin Aussie Gov won't let me bring it home so I stuck it on a ship to NZ on Thursday
Average mileage 55, which is 6% high as per speedo/ gps

·
Super Moderator
31,290 Posts
You have just replied to a post that was over 3 years old...

?????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.