Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Had a look at a 53 plate Mondeo GHIA X TDCI yesterday, Will be test driving it on thrusday.

Just a couple of questions.

What were the optional extras on this model? Do all GHIA X's come with Xenons/Auto lights/ Auto wipers?

Would a Bluefin superchip be ok on a car with 75k on the clock?

Will 18's fit with no trouble, or will it handle poor and feel uncomfortable [any piccies would be great]

Can you connect an Ipod up to the Sony 6 disc CD player?

Many thanks for the help in advance

Regards

Adam

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What were the optional extras on this model? Do all GHIA X's come with Xenons/Auto lights/ Auto wipers?
Someone else will have to answer this one .. sorry

Would a Bluefin superchip be ok on a car with 75k on the clock?
You shouldn't have any problems with a Bluefin on the car, and being a TDCi should give some nice gains.

Will 18's fit with no trouble, or will it handle poor and feel uncomfortable [any piccies would be great]
Check the garage for piccies. TDCi160+ has a Zetec-S TDCi with 18s on. My V6 has 18s. The 18s will fit nicely, although the ride will feel alot more responsive and handle better - ride comfort is reduced. Tyre size is 225/40/18 - a set of Pirelli P-Zero Tyres are about £130 per wheel, so the cost needs to be taken into account.

Can you connect an Ipod up to the Sony 6 disc CD player?
Yes you can. There is a kit availible that plugs into the CD CHanger port on the rear of the stereo. I have a kit for sale that will allow you to connect a Sony MP3/CD/MD player.The company your looking for is Connects2. The kit is about £100-£120 (not including iPod). I have mine hidden in the drivers little draw next to the steering wheel.

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
Xenons were not standard fit but auto wipers/lights were. Heated/ventilated front seats was standard. Climate control was standard.

18" wheels certainly OK BUT ride comfort is reduced considerably and cost goes up!!!

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
and remember more rubber on the ground MPG goes down, if thats a concern :L

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies people.

Ive got a Dension Ice link in my current car, so will probably get the same, but for FORD instead.

What sort of times 30-70 will a chipped TDCI get?

My current car, an Ibiza TDI sport with 185bhp managed the 1/4 mile in 14.89 secs and hits 60 in under 7 with a 30-70 time of mid to low 5's

Having come from a car with all that speed, will i be disapointed with the chipped TDCI?

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
If you have Sony 6CD unit fitted, you should have a aux input in the glovebox.

You can find this by looking at the back of the box on the right & you should see a gray socket, that the anx input.

All you need then is 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack lead. & turn on the aux input on the radio.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sisson said:
Having come from a car with all that speed, will i be disapointed with the chipped TDCI?
I came from a chipped Skoda Fabia (130bhp) to the standard Mondeo. The Mondeo *felt* slower because it's got a smoother power delivery and is a bigger, heavier car, but looking at the speedo, it was apparent that it wasn't actually much slower if at all. It could certainly carry a lot more speed through the corners :D Now the Mondeo is chipped, the car feels a lot more alive, but I'd be surprised if in a straight drag it's as quick as a car weighing some 400kg less!

Chris

·
Registered
603 Posts
Can the wooden dash inserts be changed to the ones from a Zetec-s?

Also are the Zetec-s and ST bumpers a straight fit onto all mk3 mondeos?

Also wheres the best place to get the bumpers..

HAs anyone got the parts list and prices please?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sisson said:
Can the wooden dash inserts be changed to the ones from a Zetec-s?

Also are the Zetec-s and ST bumpers a straight fit onto all mk3 mondeos?

Also wheres the best place to get the bumpers..

HAs anyone got the parts list and prices please?
Sounds like your after the same things as me :L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.