Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had ford on the phone today as my car had to be recovered on monday with problems. They say that the diesel pump has gone :headshake: :headshake: :headshake: has any of you heard of this problem before its a tdci 130.
Cheers dazkim

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
yep loads a times, and is getting quite common now.

how is the car mate?

expect a heavy repair bill if not under warrentee.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is still in fords now they are awaiting the part and yes its still under warrentee thank god . I would hate to think what it would cost to put right.
cheers dazkim :( :(

·
Megger
165 Posts
Can I ask how old is the car and what sort of mileage has it done?

I'm starting to sweat after reading this forum.
My TDCI 130 did 114,000 miles before I bought it (a few weeks ago) and the "full" service history doesn't specify what work if anything has already been done on the fuel injection system.

:tonofbricks:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you would think ford would learn after the problems with the mk1/mk2 td's but they havent barstewards!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI ALL
Just been in touch with ford again and they say that the car is having a full new fuel system fitted what this includes i dont know but i will keep you informed they say the car should be ready next week sometime.
cheers dazkim

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
injectors, fuel pump, and fuel rail as a complete unit.

there'd have to if the found iron filings in the pump, chances are injectors would have some into which will cause tho to fail sooner or later.

the hole lot then need there codes flashed into the ecu to get it all up and running again.

·
Megger
56 Posts
My 2003 130TDci auto had all of these things replaced last year after being with Ford's for 5 weeks !. Its been OK since,but my gripe is that Ford should have a recall for all of these inherently faulty pumps,and they should definitely foot the bill !,even if its out of warranty !

·
Big Megger
267 Posts
I was going to buy one with about 80-90k but after reading all these faults "cutting out, injector problems & pumps" I think I'll be buying a Vectra Dti 2.2" no very high pressures thus prices not as obsurd to fix & more reliable just not as much torque & power. (I dont want to do it but fords crap & expensive system is driving me to it) Diesels are supposed to be cheaper to run. :BEEP:

·
Registered
23 Posts
HI ALL
Got my car back today its had a complete new fuel system fitted i.e. diesel pump,new injectors,fuel rail,diesel filter and loads of other bits and bobs.The amount i saw on the screen was £1547.00 now i dont know if that was for just parts or for labour aswell cos mine was under warrantee . I asked the service guy what ford are doing about this problem and he recons that they have only had a handfull go this way so wouldent call it a big problem. :innocent: YOU DECIDE. :yawn: :yawn:
CHEERS DAZKIM

1 - 14 of 14 Posts