Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine doesn't have one...should it? it's a feb 2004 model. I done a search on ebay for a cover and one listing came up. It says in it that some later model ones don't have them as standard. Is that so?

Also, do the later tdci's still suffer from injector problems? I don't know what version of tdci it is. It's a 130 and it's got the new design dash with digi climate control. I don't know if it's euro 4 or what have you.

Any ideas fellas?

Thanks, Derv.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the cover that covers the engine...

Click here

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
They stopped putting them on as standard, but when the next facelift (the one with the chrome rear lights) they started putting them back on.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
its a stupid cover anyway lol. i only got one coz it came with the car if i didnth ave one it wouldnt bother me lol.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got scared and thought maybe the covers off because the cars been a bitch to the previous owner. lol

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way, totalguy. I seen your car on youtube a while ago. Very nice :D

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
thanks mate :) its in farmers autocare atthe moment new shocks and PI lowering springs 30mm :)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
How much is it costing you to get lowered TG?

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
Mine didn't have engine cover, battery box or suspension top covers on when I got it (secondhand at 8 month old) and it's a 55 2005 facelift model. I got the car supermarket to fit them as part of the deal (although I never did get my suspension top covers off them). I wanted the engine cover so as to keep the injectors and top of the engine clean and it also helps keeps the the heat in the engine between journeys and I do short journeys.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Which explains why my brothers 2006 Euro IV has the cover then.

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
so is a 2004 model a euro III or IV ?

Do you think fitting a cover will lower the in cabin engine noise?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
doubt it , has it got soundproofing under the bonnet or not ????

·
Couch Potato
2,944 Posts
[quote name=cosworth 2wd]A 2004 can be either a Euro III or a Euro IV. The only visual difference between the two(according to my brochure) is that the Euro III doesn't have the engine cover.[/quote]

IIRC, also the Euro IV has an electronic control box on the variable vane on the turbo, whereas mine (Euro III) has a vacuum control.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.