Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine stops at various speeds, normally above 30mph and mostly in 4th and 5th gears.
Spanner message comes up to check manual.
Car then starts up immediately and then between 5 and 15 minutes stops again.
Changed fuel filter, fault code changes, drove the car eventually fault comes back. Indicates fuel pressure regulator. Changed that, again after 15 minutes of driving , through all speeds and gear changes the fault re occurs. The fault now indicates the fuel pump.
Having no faith in these messages the car goes into my local ford garage for a diagnostic check. The call back was disturbing, we agree there is a fault but cannot find it it maybe software?? The information has been sent to ford hq. Awaiting their reply.
Anyone out there got any ideas??
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,704 Posts
Fuel pressure related before changing parts a leakoff test and a filter change checking carefully
for metal particles in the housing and old filter.

What codes are you getting though and which engine/year etc. More details on the car mileage service history etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fuel pressure related before changing parts a leakoff test and a filter change checking carefully
for metal particles in the housing and old filter.

What codes are you getting though and which engine/year etc. More details on the car mileage service history etc.
Thanks
66 Plate 2 LITRE TDCI
PO251 22 2F, PO251 21 2C, PO2FA 68 2C, P228C 00 AF
49000 MILES. SERVICED EVERY YEAR

·
Registered
109 Posts
Cars have issues it's part of their nature, I think the MK5 is prone to coolant leaks like from the EGR.

I think its better to know about these things in advance.

Check out Alan Howatt on YouTube he has all the knowledge about Mondeos, MK4 and MK5.

My MK4 is in bad shape, has needed a whole lot of suspension work and is getting close to flywheel and clutch change while threatening steering rack issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts