Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Big Megger
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got the samples made up for the SFS silicone hoses! Currently they are for the 6-speed TDCI models ONLY - but I hope to be able to offer the 5-speed kit before too long.

Uniquely - I can offer two 'grades' one unlined and one fluro lined which are more oil resistant and will last forever! All the Mondeo kits currently available sale are unlined.

I'm looking at around £150 for the unlined, and £175 llned - plus postage. Depending on interest levels I can specify other colours, and hose clip sets too.

If you've already bought an EGR hose off me I will offer both sets with a £30 discount minus the hose

I'll also give a FREE silicone EGR hose to anyone who can supply me with the set of 5-speed hoses.

·
Steve
3,834 Posts
nice one Dan, cant wait for the 5 speed kit.

·
Steve
3,834 Posts
all these veiwers could be waiting for the 5 speed version

has anyone come forward with the hoses yet.

Ive got the I/C to map sensor pipe hose spare.

fitzy may have some knocking about

·
Big Megger
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope. I'm probably not going to get them made up now, as there's pretty much zero interest. There would be a large cash outlay for me, so it's not worth the risk.

Not now at least. But I may see if there is any more interest over the summer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Dan,

I'd be interested in a set - same car as you, 2.0TDCI Tit X Estate. Bizarre co-incidence, but also in Somerset!

Any chance you will be getting some made, or perhaps have any samples? Really need a N/S intercooler hose quite urgently.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Big Megger
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They're for the Mk3 (I'm presuming you have a Mk4) There probably isn't enough interest in the Mk4 just yet.

They're on hold for the Mk3 for the time being, unless there's a flood of interest - Plus I'm still after a set of 5-speed hoses if anyone knows of any?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope, have a Mk3/07. Taken more notice and yours appears Mk4?

Put me down as interested. Will see what I can come up with for the time being and let me know what happens re group buy. Personally I'd be happy to pay a little more for better quality, but that's not for everyone.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Put me down for a set too please Dan, I'm interested. minus the EGR

·
Steve
3,834 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi , dan did you get any further with these hoses ?? , I,m looking for uprated hoses for my mk4 2.2 tdci ????

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Big Megger
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No I gave up as the cheap eBay hoses meant that it wasn't worth my while doing it.

There is a large initial outlay to get set up, and I'd need to sell quite a lot of sets to just recoup my costs. As soon as the cheap hose makers see that there's a market, they get them made overseas and kill my market. It's just not worth the risk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.