Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Not too sure about the panel filter but ive been told to expect around 8bhp for the 57i kit. I reckon its not much less for the panel filter. You could always improve the cold air feed to give it more incoming air? (something ive been playing with over the last couple of days)

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
You might like to look at this site as there
is some great advice for tuning tips,and there
is a BHP calculator,some of the expected increases
might be surprising. :doh: HERE

ps,Tick all the boxes in the bhp calculator and wait for the pop up box. :whistling:

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
I think they are being very conservative with
there output figures. :} :shocked:

·
Little Megger
15 Posts
Hello,

I replaced the original filter with K&N panel filter on my 2006 tdci 130. I can guarantee you will feel the difference. The sound of the engine will be better, the acceleration will be smoother and stronger through all the rev range. I tested it on the rolling road after the change (not before unfortunately), it was 140 BHP but I am not sure how many came from the filter. Altough it increases a little bit the consumption especially in town I recommend the K&N panel filter to everybody.

Happy new year

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
alpina71 said:
I can guarantee you will feel the difference. The sound of the engine will be better, the acceleration will be smoother and stronger through all the rev range.
And what state was the paper filter that came out of it in? I replaced a new clean paper filter with a K&N and the only difference is the noise ;)

Chris

·
Little Megger
15 Posts
The original filter was used 5000 km but was not clear due to the dusty weather conditions. One reason I switched to K&N also is the frequent need of filter change.
What I felt also after the change is that the engine noise became deeper and the diesel clatter was reduced a little bit. May be my right foot is very sensitive to small HP or NM increase but I am quite happy with it. :woot:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, its in! The old one was FILTHY considering its only done 5k since its last service! Feels quicker but thats probably down to the new clean filter. Nice noise though :D

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
i can't find any difference on mine neither noise nor performance.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Mine is slightly louder when on high revs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.