Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post so be gentle with me! Has anyone got experience of what this might be before I go to the garage.....:
When the car is warm there is a distinct rumbling sound when I press the clutch pedal - getting worse the further it goes down. It is most noticable at idle speed. Lift off the clutch and it goes.
thanks,
03 Zetec TDCI 115

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
not 100% but i have heard stories of the Dual Mass flywheel failing and causing problems...

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
rfp2001 said:
IF it is then you can elect for a conventional solid flywheel replacement.
Is this a recognised Mondeo mod? I know a few VAG diesel owners who opted for single mass to replace their DMFs and the gearbox then takes the "strain". One chap is now on his 2nd replacement gearbox :(

Chris

·
MEG Corporal
894 Posts
As said it may be the DMF but by the sounds of it it could just be the clutch thrust bearing on the way out. Neither is cheap to fix due to the labour involved

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies.

A few other symptoms appeared:
A gravelly, grinding noise when the clutch bit.
and
Serious vibration thru the clutch pedal !

It turned out to be the clutch / dual mass flywheel. Fortunately, the car still had a warranty which covered this well expensive job: £500 for the bits + 6 hours + the dreaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.