Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having now bought and fitted an ST TDCI rear bumper to my car.

There is a hole where the exhaust should be.

Has anyone put a stainless exhaust on the TDCI engines.

My Ibiza had 2.5" bore piping from the cat with NO silencers and sounded very nice, not loud at all.

Can i do the same to the TDCI engine?

Ive been quoted £50 to chop of my back box and replace with straight pipe and a tailpipe of my choice.

Any advice?

Thanks all.

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Later on next year im also after a stainless cat back system for mine. Theres a company called Blueflame not far from me (among other similar companies), who do custom built systems with tailpipe and bore options aplenty. KAZUYADOG has just had a custom built system made for his 2.0 petrol. Its just a case of finding a company that does it who are near you/not too far to travel.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
wrong section!!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
How restrictive is the standard exhaust on the Mondeo? I know on my Scooby the exhaust was very restrictive and replacing it with a full decatted turbo-back system the car rolling roaded at 251bhp (stock 208bhp) but in reality, was probably closer to 230bhp. Still big gains from a relatively easy mod :D

Chris

·
Registered
47 Posts
im getting a cat back system on the 2nd january

2.5" to where is splits the 2" and two exits one each side.

will put pics up when its done

costing 439 with my discount, place called prospeed exhausts cardiff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.