Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, we have an 2002 TDDI 115 bhp mondeo at work.

Its been fine for the few months we have been using it,then last week it started stalling/cutting out when you tried to pull away,or you tried to rev it.

Our mechanic has had his computer on it and it came up as cam sensor/internal ecu fault.

After picking up the cam sensor and trying for a while to see where it mounts after 2 visits to the fFord dealer up the road they asured him it was on the front of the engine they even showed him on their micro-fische?.

Then after talking with they guys in servicing they said this engine was the odd ball which didn't have one at all.

Well that save £20 :}

So on went the computer,and it continued to show internal ecu fault and something to do with the fuel pump/system.

it still cuts out when you try to rev it or pull away,but now the fuel pump constantly hums after it cuts out ,it even hums when you take the key out :eek13:

it looks like it may go to the auction this week,I was searching earlier on here and only came across one other thread similar and apart from the pump costing over£400 :shocked:can anyone confirm the pump on this model isn't ECU coded,as this was mentioned in the thread.

I would be tempted to get hold of her myself,if it was cheap enough,to sort out.

Otherwise she will have her last wash on friday :sad:

Or I may just rob all the nice bits for my 02 TDDI :whistling:

;) Darren

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Sounds like some of the problems I have been facing this last week or so. I am going to try and see my car man tomorrow about it. Its also been suggested to me that the cam sensor, but you are now saying there is not one :}

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'm sure the guys at Ford know what they're doing, but to change the cam sensor, you need to jack the car up, take off the driver's (?) side wheel and remove the arch liner. The camshaft sensor is then mounted on the bell housing. I'm pre-emtively changing my cam sensor and Haynes describes the procedure, but I think I'm gonna get it done at the service tomorrow :D

I'd be very surprised if your car doesn't have a cam sensor .... or maybe that's what's throwing the fault! :}

Chris

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
I have heard about problems with injector pumps with MK3 diesels, could be to blame?

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ScoobyChris said:
I'm sure the guys at Ford know what they're doing, but to change the cam sensor, you need to jack the car up, take off the driver's (?) side wheel and remove the arch liner. The camshaft sensor is then mounted on the bell housing. I'm pre-emtively changing my cam sensor and Haynes describes the procedure, but I think I'm gonna get it done at the service tomorrow :D

I'd be very surprised if your car doesn't have a cam sensor .... or maybe that's what's throwing the fault! :}

Chris
Chris I take it you are refering to the crank sensor,on the bell housing and not the cam sensor.

The ford service guys did say that there was an od ball TDDI engine that didn't have a CAM sensor fitted,my car also doesn't show one to be fitted,like the car at work.

Looks like they are sending it to the auction :sad:

If I knew the fuel pump isn't coded to the ECU I guess we could try a scrapheap,one depending on how much they are?

I just hope I don't start having the same symptoms on my car(touch wood)

;) Darren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.