Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mosquito
Mondeo MK 3 2.2 TDCI Ghia X
376 Posts
If you’ve got the room, get it ! You know it makes sense.

The engine is run in now, so trouble free motoring.

Only ribbing.

I’d be very tempted.

When I read your post, I started to froth round the mouth, had to sit down as started to have breathing difficulties I started to tremble....with excitement 😳

I wish I had a triple garage, I’ve only got a lay-by at the back. But if I did have one, divorce would be the likely outcome. Which come to think about it, I’m not too sure if that’s a good or bad thing.😁😁

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jack...it's deffo gone..also a red v6 zetec-s estate did go as well...they do seem to get snapped up quicker than a boggo 1.8 lx...although like Richard Hammond said about any mk3 mondog..."why do we buy anything else"....it has all the bases covered..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
Mosquito
376 Posts
Mac,

Do you think that the MK3 prices are levelling out ?

I’m sure Richard’s mate Jeremy said something like they are so good, that one day they may become a classic.

Glad your’s passed it’s MOT. Mines at the end of Feb. And since it passed, I’ve done less than a hundred miles !

For getting all the bits, parts etc. I’ve been pilling up the miles on the Mrs’ car, sometimes without her even knowing 😁😁😁

·
Mosquito
376 Posts
Just typed in mondeo mk3 st tdci low mileage, first up was Motors.co. I saw about six st’s on there, all fairly high mileage ranging from two to three K.

I think I’m going to keep an eye for prices etc.

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Advertised for that but are they selling? Nephew could not get a few hundred for the 2.2Ghia Estate with MOT and fairly new
tyres etc. Just needed a good service and a clutch master cylinder.

Nobody wanted it.

·
Mosquito
376 Posts
I remember that and still find it hard to believe, but then you hear that some are being bought as soon as advertised.

There is one on newsnow, same as mine, but slightly lower mileage, it is advertised for £5,495 ! I will keep keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mac,

Do you think that the MK3 prices are levelling out ?

I’m sure Richard’s mate Jeremy said something like they are so good, that one day they may become a classic.

Glad your’s passed it’s MOT. Mines at the end of Feb. And since it passed, I’ve done less than a hundred miles !

For getting all the bits, parts etc. I’ve been pilling up the miles on the Mrs’ car, sometimes without her even knowing
Bit unsure to be honest...i have seen some really good looking mk3's priced 2-3k..the higher end are usually STees..the pertol's are fetching bigger price's than the deisel STees..
I would love an ST..just so i can boast i've owned one...I Would deffo..deffo buy Ryancar's Lusty 220..he has/still is hopefully still in possesion of it...from what i've gleaned it is faultless!!
Put a search into Gumtree..not one 220 up for sale....
I'm thinking..as it such a good 'all rounder'people are keeping them..
I will now be looking on autotrader...say i have 2k at present to play with...No way i would chop in the mondog to purchase a higher/better nick 220..
The limited edition tit x with the ST front&rear sport's bumper,'s..lacking the rust trap side skirt's...i could get really comfy in one of these...that3.0 titx estate was gone 4 day's later..although it had standard bumper's..i am thinking if it had of had these st bumper's i would rang that evening..
I have had a 2.0 petrol ghia estate, although she was virtually new when it was purchased showing just 3,500 mile's..
Should not of sold her, although a good looking car, the 4/5 door look's alot more sporting..4 door look's the best IMO...but the hatch is twice as pratical..I would imagine the 4door being slightly quieter on windy motorway's..am i wrong..lol..
Anyhow..i do not think price's will fall lower..
Mine is 16yrs old..still no rust undernearh..or anywere??
There is a maroon v6 ghia x 51/02..wierdly 58k miles..(same as mine)..A bag of Sand...might give this girl a second parousel...Gumtree..
I think Ford can be Stingey...they dropped the sunroof on facelift ghia x, now an option...the tight wadds..take care now fella..
Mac.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

·
I Love Diesel
2,261 Posts
I'll probably get hounded off the forum for saying this, but I think the ST TDCi is a bit of a fake. In terms of performance, I don't believe it's any different from any other version of the Mk3 Mondeo with the 2.2 TDCi engine. My 2.2 TDCi Tit X is (was) awesome from 40mph up in 4th gear, but certainly not from 0-30mph. The ST220 is a completely different beast.

I very nearly bought an ST TDCi a few weeks ago when the Tit X "bought it", but apart from the badges, it didn't really offer anything extra. I dithered and an ST220 came up on Autotrader almost literally on my door step. It may not turn out to be a wise decision, but I snapped it up.

What the ST TDCi does have over the ST220, though, is amazing fuel economy!

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Its the same engine output as the 2.2Ghia etc. Just the bodykit/trim difference.

ST220 would have been on my radar but not being approved for towing was an issue for me.

I went from a 2L petrol (2001) to a 2L Diesel (2004) and wow the economy for a large car is amazing.
I did have that diesel below 30mpg, short winter journeys where the average speed ove a full tank was
just 12mph. Consider that when the average for the petrol (not in the winter) was 26mpg. That would probably
be under 20mpg.

39mpg towing a caravan, I thought the trip was lying but it worked out accurate. Usually its more like 33/34
when towing. 24/26mpg towing for the 2L petrol.

·
Mosquito
376 Posts
I really don’t know you will think, The front came about when I fitted an ST splitter. For me it didn’t look part of the car, so I sort of integrated it, perhaps not to everyone’s taste.

Mac, I’m first refusal for Ray’s car😁

Rear bumper, side skirts, boot lip spoiler (still in box), will sprayed before attaching. Wheels have been prepared and awaiting painting. Will be getting straight rear section exhaust. All near to completion, still sorting out fittings, imperfections etc.

Front will look slightly different.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

I might call her a ghia xs 😁

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
No replies in this one unless its advertising crypto mining. Several similar topics going though.

Old age creeping in? :D

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
I read that and tried to find it again but you could only spend it on Amazon in North America?
Guessing not many US members on here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts