Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Megger
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this right for some reason i get more miles to £20 of 97octane fuel then 95? or does it just seem like it?

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
same here with optimax and normal shell,

·
Banned
716 Posts
scuzzie2k said:
Is this right for some reason i get more miles to £20 of 97octane fuel then 95? or does it just seem like it?
I can believe that you get better mpg (or per tank) but I would find it extremely hard to believe that with the large price difference that you actually get more miles per £20 spent on petrol with the 97 RON, unless your car has been very very specifically set up for high octane fuel.

·
MEG Corporal
674 Posts
I believe you, I too achieve greater fuel efficiency with higher octane fuel.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
you may well get more miles to the gallon , higher octane burns better etc etc , but does the the maths work out , ie , you pay more for it in the first place so therfore does it cost the same or more or less :whistling:

G

·
Yet another post about this. There was a heated debate about this a couple fo weeks ago.

WillamLX knows the outcome of that one.

Paulyoung666: Optimax is 4ppl more here. To fill the Mondeo's tank with 60 litres of Optimax costs an extra £2.40.

4MPG extra means an extra 48 miles per tank. To me 48 miles for £2.40 is quite a saving when the car is doing 41mpg on a run. Now 48/41*£4.50 (using £4.50 as the price for a gallon of petrol) gives us a normal cost of £5.26 for those miles.

So you can see that the benefit DOES outway the cost.

So you can that it does make a difference.

Jeff

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i never said it wouldnt , but at least your maths proves it does :L

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
optimax gave a much higher bhp reading than the tesco superunleaded in a dyno test done in one of the ford mags, something like 20bhp gain but it was on a cossy running big boost etc.

i know mine runs better on optimax than tesco super, couldnt tell the difference when it was N.A. though. and optimax permanently cured some minor pinking at low revs on mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts