Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know what you mean. Looks good and if it works then great... but what if it’s chinese crap? I’d like to have a look, have you got the link?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, i'm not at home now, but i'll put more info for sure. I think there's some youtube video also. I'm interested because i'm bored of the headunit, and i don't want to change the car ha ha ha!!!! So, maybe it's a nice option. It's 400 euro actually... We need to investigate!

·
Big Megger
756 Posts
My fear would be your putting all your eggs into one basket as they say...if anything goes wrong you will lose alot more than your head unit.
It may well last the life of the car but a quality piece of electrical hardware like that would retail for more than double the selling price, has cheap parts been used and corners cut on it's internals to bring the price down?

I'm not slatting it at all as I'm the first to look at these sort of things, it may well be a very good buy but bear in mind you may very well get burned.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: bertodelpuerto

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My fear would be your putting all your eggs into one basket as they say...if anything goes wrong you will lose alot more than your head unit.
It may well last the life of the car but a quality piece of electrical hardware like that would retail for more than double the selling price, has cheap parts been used and corners cut on it's internals to bring the price down?

I'm not slatting it at all as I'm the first to look at these sort of things, it may well be a very good buy but bear in mind you may very well get burned.

I understand what you say, and, you are right, of course. My intention is to drive this car until its death, not going to sell it because it 's now 9 y.o. and it's working fine, without any problem, so, i'm keeping it for the moment.

For sure, if i buy it, i won't sell the headunit, it's crystal water for me. I'll keep it too, maybe it's a bit expensive than a normal radio unit, but i can afford it selling some craps i have at home :lol:

I'll think about it, a lot...not going to buy desperately. Search for more info, videos, discussing here...We'll see.

·
Big Megger
756 Posts
Too be honest I have been thinking about this unit on and off since my post above, it may well be a good (and unique) buy. I had big doubts about the Android units that sprang up a few years ago, Eonon and the likes... My thoughts have changed about them after seeing multiple topics of people buying them and praising them, Boarats Baby done a topic on here somewhere if I remember correctly.

My thoughts are doing a huge U-Turn and I'm now thinking yeah looks like it's worth a punt....but as you say keep the original unit.

Do you have a link for the unit? I wanna take a closer look at it also if you don't mind.

·
Big Megger
756 Posts
Oh and you never know you may set off the start of a new trend.

Reactions: bertodelpuerto

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Big Megger
756 Posts
Looking into it there is no option to insert either CD or DVD discs in the unit, maybe an option to connect a autochanger of some sort, bit the way technologies are going everything will be streaming or mirroring soon.

Not too sure if there is an option for USB or card slots...would be surprised if this was missing.

Below is a link to the unit being fitted to a Kia, kinda shows what's what

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just bought a Mk4 Tit X estate with the NX unit but I'm really tempted by one of these. It would be nice to see one that matches the Tit X brushed silver rather than just the matt silver or gloss black.

They do seem cheap for what they are which makes me a bit wary but after all it's only an Android 6 unit with a bigger screen and the right software (or am I over simplifying that?).

If either of you guys (or anybody else) fits one of these please let us know how you got on. Is it really plug and play? USB? CD? Steering wheel volume controls? Connecting cameras?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've just bought a Mk4 Tit X estate with the NX unit but I'm really tempted by one of these. It would be nice to see one that matches the Tit X brushed silver rather than just the matt silver or gloss black.

They do seem cheap for what they are which makes me a bit wary but after all it's only an Android 6 unit with a bigger screen and the right software (or am I over simplifying that?).

If either of you guys (or anybody else) fits one of these please let us know how you got on. Is it really plug and play? USB? CD? Steering wheel volume controls? Connecting cameras?
I think nobody installed it, so far. Reading aliexpress shops, you can find that it seems that it doesn't have CD, but comes with USB. You can connect rear camera, keep steering wheel controls, mobile mirroring, NAV with updates, it's plug and play, can fit DVB-T, and some of them fit rear headrest with screen. There's a "but" that i have to ask them, and it's that is a 4x50W unit, so...what about twetters???? It's a preliminary info, so far. I'll keep investigating....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info. It seems that you have to be careful about the surround fitting with existing buttons as well. This one looks like it would be the best fit for my 2008 car...

http://www.wecaro.com/Index/productR/keyword/Kirinavi+WC-FM1013+10.4+inch+Vertical+screen+android+6.0+car+dvd+player+for+Ford+Mondeo+2007-+2012+car+navigation+2G+32G+ROM/id/192.html

But another one I've seen for pre facelift models only has space for 2 buttons located vertically either side of the screen so wouldn't really be suitable. It also looks strange that one of the pics for the model linked above shows the screen displaying an image of an SUV (possibly just a stock screen image I suppose but it looks strange on a unit that's model specific). Might be worth waiting to see if more options for these units become available soon. They certainly look impressive though.

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread to see how things develop.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello

Help Please I won to buy something for my car I have MCA Sony unit, does any one know will br fit to my car.
I was write and send it photo of my Dashboard and ste ask me if I have usb port ( my car have it)
Is somebody buy this Radio tesla style and is this original usb port work ok or not
Thank you for answer

·
Registered
605 Posts
There are several aftermarket head units that will fit your car.

However you will lose some convers functions, voice control and the original USB will not work.

Generally most after market head units have their own USB input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Can you tell me more about that usb original is connect directly to original Radio.
New Android unit will connect on this cable and have usb stick and work will be work ok.
And what will Lose When I chenge the Radio.
Please answer me.

This unit I won to buy it

Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/ABfmuAf2

·
Registered
605 Posts
The original USB lead goes through the bluetooth module.

On the convers side all you will get is the settings menu and the menu for fuel consumption etc, you will lose radio, aux, and iPod info.

·
Registered
44 Posts
And wheel control This be can use on this Android Radio.

This I AM lookin only beacuse on original rear Camera is stop work and it is very expensive.
It is half of money of this new Radio.
Any sugestion?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts