Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I'm local to WIM I stopped by today, primarily to book a session for a full geometry setup on this new (...to me at least...) Mondeo! as luck would have it - I was squeezed in 30mins after arrival.
:kaffeetrinker_2: :L

after an initial period of worry about the rear geometry being so far out of spec, Tony put my mind at ease & confirmed the car was straight! He went on to explain every process as it was performed, admittedly some of it was beyond me, ...

:whistling: ...but I got the main gist of the angles he was talking about.

After much skinning of knuckles loosening the over-tightened\siezed bolts, he went on to set the rear, then adjusted the fronts, then straightened the steering wheel (which was off center before I went in), and finally bolted everything down.

The car was on the ramp for 1h,20m in all and my toes were just starting to freeze solid! but the drive home made it all worthwhile.

The car now feels like it's planted, like every mm of those 225's is in contact with the surface, it truly feels like it's sitting [color:red]flat[/color] for the first time since I've owned it! the mild torque steer I experienced beforehand has completely gone & the understeer I had on wet surfaces has not yet shown itself (...I'm sure I'll find it eventually ;) )

my only worry as I drove home was the ESP would flash up briefly on a straight stretch of road! I put it down to the huge adjustment that was necessary at the rear & decided it would settle down after a few miles! sure enough after around 3 miles - the system hasn't activated again.

I'm well pleased.

So Thank You Tony! your worth your weight in beer. :first:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pushed it on the way home from my night shift & the handling is fairly neutral in the wet with a hint of understeer before the back end catches up.

I'm luuurving it. :love:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
get a place up here quick we need one in scotland lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.