Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In relation to the favorite car topic, here is the Poll so come on guys and gals lets vote the Meg Car of all time. You may pick two vehicles on this Poll. :woot: :woot:
 

·
TalkFord is Arse, Bring back MEG!
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am all the way for me I'm afraid :)
 

·
I did the pics
Joined
·
12,043 Posts
The Aston Martin DB5 wasn't only in Goldfinger though
 

·
TDDI Buff
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
im confused it says smokey and the bandit 1972??? surely thats not right because i had one 1977 it was and it was same shape as smokey and the bandit one to a T and i know earlyer ones are a different shape.

im sure jarhedch can clear this up though :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,718 Posts
just a point......

Ford Mustung GT500 Shelby (Eleanor) from Gone in Sixty Seconds... If this is the Nick Cage version, the car DOESNT EXIST...... it was built especially for the film by the speciall effects guys (Chip Foose was involved). Its now available from a company who buy old mustangs and make reproductions from the film .... dont get me wrong loverly car but it was altered heavily for the film
 

·
Never knowingly understood
Joined
·
23,164 Posts
Looks like I'm one of the minority voting for 'Zebra 3'. lol...

Bullitt's Mustang got me other vote.

Andy.
 

·
Still waiting to Wii
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
totalguy said:
im confused it says smokey and the bandit 1972??? surely thats not right because i had one 1977 it was and it was same shape as smokey and the bandit one to a T and i know earlyer ones are a different shape.

im sure jarhedch can clear this up though :)
was just about to when i read your post, you're dead on TG, no, Bandit 1 is not a 72, the 72 had a rounded nose and headlights, and had much smoother lines, the '77 body style is the bandit 1 style.
 

·
Still waiting to Wii
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
oh, and i've voted :love: :whistling: :woot:
 

·
MEG Sergeant
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was a typo error on the voters form and you are right it is a 1977 vehicle for Bandit
Apologies
:whistling: :whistling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
bathrug said:
just a point......

Ford Mustung GT500 Shelby (Eleanor) from Gone in Sixty Seconds... If this is the Nick Cage version, the car DOESNT EXIST...... it was built especially for the film by the speciall effects guys (Chip Foose was involved). Its now available from a company who buy old mustangs and make reproductions from the film .... dont get me wrong loverly car but it was altered heavily for the film
:confused: http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews7744.html
 

·
Still waiting to Wii
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
bathrug said:
just a point......

Ford Mustung GT500 Shelby (Eleanor) from Gone in Sixty Seconds... If this is the Nick Cage version, the car DOESNT EXIST...... it was built especially for the film by the speciall effects guys (Chip Foose was involved). Its now available from a company who buy old mustangs and make reproductions from the film .... dont get me wrong loverly car but it was altered heavily for the film
It was originally built by Carroll Shelby, hence the name, and yes it did exist before the movie, was limited production and rather dear, and did make an appearance in the first film. It was redone by foose and gang, but the company that is referred to above has been ordered by the courts to stop building them after Shelby filed a lawsuit against them, he ahs the rights for them and the movie company and Foose never got license. Shelby is still building them, seeing as there was a resurge in popularity after the second movie.
 

·
Back in England.......
Joined
·
18,698 Posts
jarhedch said:
seeing as there was a resurge in popularity after the second movie.
I didn't even know there was a gone in 60 seconds 2?
 

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
ive voted.theres only one ford on there that does it.well its not really a ford untill carrol shelby got his hands on them. :L
 

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
wow new shelbys.im saving my pennies now. :love:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,167 Posts
GingaGizmo said:
jarhedch said:
seeing as there was a resurge in popularity after the second movie.
I didn't even know there was a gone in 60 seconds 2?
theres 2 versions, a really old film, then the redid it a few years back with mr cage, and miss lara croft women. both where called 'gone in 60secs' there's no actual sequel film as such
 

·
Back in England.......
Joined
·
18,698 Posts
Oh rite, I know what you mean now. For some reason I thought there had been a sequel to the later one. :loopy:
 

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
Joined
·
2,739 Posts
i saw the original once,and as far as i can remember it had the longest car chase in any film ever made,think it went on for about 50 minutes.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top