Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have took the plunge today and ordered
Eibach Springs,from my trusted Ford parts dept,
they are costing me £121 with the discount i get there,will be getting them fitted in the near
future,at a garage services i have used in the past,for £75,not bad compared to Ford who wanted
£240.
I know TG has been the most recent to drop his
car,has anyone got any info on whether they
had a full wheel alignment geometry check
after the lowered there car,and has the car run
true with none of this srubbing tyre's business.
Since the job was done.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
lowering the car alters the geometry so you have to get a 4-wheel alignment done afterwards. i made the mistake of not having it done and 2k miles later the front tyres were bald on the inner edge, and the car was pulling to the left.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
you dropping 30mm aswell?

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They go,40mm front,30mm rear.
I dare'nt go with any lower springs than that,
cos i don't want to multply possible problems.
I read most of the post's and questions you put
forward,on wheels in motion,it just seems to be the sensible option.
It will be a couple of weeks before i get them done,they are on a stock order takes about 5days
for them to come into Ford,then i will have to arrange a day and time for them to be done,at the garage.
TG,did you supply new pinch bolts to your fitters,
cos i am thinking of ordering 4,just in case
mine are siezed.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
40 hmmm iwouldnt be too sure about that but its ur car end of the day but u increase the chances of problems the lower you go as you know.

i didnt say owt about pinch bolts and they said there was no problems, but then according to recent posts about pinch bolts generally using air tools most of hte time you get no problems at all i wouldnt worry about it if they do have any snap then if they dont have the correct one there they can use a nut and bolt as a temporaty measure which will be perfectly fine and then replace for the right part at a later date.

one of my mk2 pinch bolts wouldnt come out they got it out used a slightly thinner bolt and 2 nuts and i had no probs with it. dont go spending money you dont need to spend thats what i say and chances are theyve never been out anyway.

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
totalguy said:
40 hmmm iwouldnt be too sure about that but its ur car end of the day but u increase the chances of problems the lower you go as you know.
This is how Eibach have designed there kit's,it
was'nt a personal choice.
It could be that with all the testing that they do
on suspension that this is the best way to lower.
Just had another look at the website,and the Focus
range are dropped 30/30mm,the Fiesta 35/30,
Sierra 20/20,Mondeo mk3 40/30.
So it looks like they have done testing,to come up with the right formula,for each individual car.
I think i can trust there judgement.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
hopefully yeah.

·
Big Megger
239 Posts
I've lowered every car ive owned and have had no problems. Will be getting coilovers for the Mondy as soon as I have spare ££.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i wanted them but they had probs with manufacturer actually making them :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.