Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 424 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a bit of an impulse buy on ebay really, the auction ended and i had won it for 190 quid with 6 months tax and mot. I was pleased ( mrs davey h was not :} ) Oh well she will get over it.

This was the day i picked it up looked a bit sorry for itself but i could see past that.

I got it home and it sat on the drive for a while,

I started to collect bits for it. It needed a respray so i managed to get hold of a full phase 1 rs kit for 50 quid.
I had a chat with my mate ( who just happens to own his own body shop) and a date was set for the car to go in.

I got the car back hust before christmas and i was really pleased with how it looked, i wanted a bonnet vent of some sort but nothing chavvy or over the top. so i went for the astra mk2 gte. I think my mate did a pretty good job fitting it to.

The day i picked the car up from the body shop

The astra vent and part of the bonnet from the scrappy

After my mate had welded the part of the asra bonnet to mine..

And the finished job.

Now the car was back home and looking 1000% better i did a few little bits to enhance the performance.

St200 air boxes were 10 quid on ebay, i know they are for the v6, but wanted some thing different that no one had done so i fitted one to the 4x4 with a panel filter

Also a sports cat a 4 2 1 manifold and a sports cat and a twin powerflow exhaust.

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
very cool motor. nice to see a mk1 resurrected like this! i'll watch this project with interest :L

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sports cat

The 4 2 1 manifold

And the exhaust

I also wanted to improve the handling although being the 4x4 it was already 10 times better than my mk2 zetec s. I couldn't find anyone that made a lowering kit for it so i am still looking. I did how ever up rate the front anti roll bar bushes to poly ones and the rear drop links to poly ones and the rear anti roll bar to a bat 21mm from the states..

I also fitted a front strut brace that was colour coded when the car was painted.

I wanted to fit a rear one to but no one makes one for the mondeo so i used a universal omp one and made it fit..

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Had a good look at this @ MEGapod - very, VERY nice motor. Massive attention to deal, quietly understated and proper class. A real credit to you.

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now all that was sorted i decided to sort the interior out..

as it was a little worn and tatty

I fitted a nice sparco wheel and some lockwood dials. No one makes a boss so you can fit an after market steering wheel to a mk1 or mk2 mondeo so i made one..

I then modded the heater surround to take 3 gauges, in there is water temp, oil temp and oil px

I also made a gauge pod for the a pillar and in there is a volt meter..

I flocked all the dash bits to match..

I then decided to turn my attention the the seats, i already have st200 interior in my other car and again i wanted some thin unique and that no one else would have.

So i fitted corbeau forsa sport buckets in the front with sabelt 4 point harnesses, i got tthe material from corbeau and i had my mate re trim the rear seats and door cards to match. He did a very nice job to..

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that is all i have done so far, hope you enjoyed looking at the pics sorry there is so may. One thing i have left to do is the mk3 brake upgrade i have all the bits just need the time to do it.

And to sort the engine out properly, i think possibly a super charger after hearing phils and Dans at santa pod...

Here are the last couple of pic for now there were the day before the meg day at santa pod i had my morette head lights on at last and the ghia grill colour coded and meshed..

Thanks for looking Dave.. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
percybigun said:
very cool motor. nice to see a mk1 resurrected like this! i'll watch this project with interest :L
Thanks i just prefer the mk1 to any other..

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bin_Man said:
Had a good look at this @ MEGapod - very, VERY nice motor. Massive attention to deal, quietly understated and proper class. A real credit to you.
Thank you :content:

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
I'm very, very, very impressed... :)

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Nice to see you doing the diary bit Dave, I can see this Mk1 being a feature car in the future :L

Alloys... You thought about 16'' or 17'' RS-7s on it? I reckon they'd suit it down to the ground :)

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah i like the softlines got the st170 wheels really cheap and i got 5 of them so they will do for now but i will get some rs 7 spokes ot the softlines sooner or later..

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
awww yes that would look the tits with 17" RS 7 spokes :love:

black mk1 saloons with RS kit really suit them. in fact i wouldnt mind a set for mine. wish i had more space to store other sets of wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had the centre arm rest recovered to match now. My mate did it slow time with some of the little off cuts that were left over.

1 - 20 of 424 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.