TF News Manager
- Ford offers European customers the first opportunity to reserve a new Ford Mustang online during the UEFA Champions League Final on May 24
- Ford will make 500 new Mustang fastback and convertible models available to reserve from the moment the UEFA Champions League Final kicks-off at 20:45 CET until the final whistle
- The new Ford Mustang arrives in dealerships across Europe next year. It's the first time in the iconic sports car's 50-year history that it will be sold across Europe
- Consumers can register for the chance to reserve one of the 500 models online at www.ford.com simply by leaving their name, email address and phone number
- Ford Mustang reveal experience at the UEFA Champions Festival at Praça do Comércio in central Lisbon offers a 4-D experience combining big screen and live action
Ford Motor Company has announced that the first 500 new Mustang models for Europe will be made available to reserve from the start of the game at 20:45 CET until the moment the match ends, whether after extra time - or the nailbiting climax of penalties.
Ford has been an official UEFA Champions League partner since 1992. This year the Final in Lisbon, Portugal, is expected to attract a Europe-wide audience of 70 million football fans and 165 million people around the world.
"The arrival of the new Ford Mustang in Europe is an event that deserves the biggest possible stage," said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. "We hope that making the first models available to reserve at the exact moment the Final kicks off will ensure a reach which matches the significance."
Both fastback and convertible Mustang models are available, the fastback in Race Red and the convertible in Magnetic Silver, and can be equipped with either Ford's all-new 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine that delivers outstanding fuel economy and plenty of power with more than 309 PS and 407 Nm of torque; or the 5.0-litre V8 engine, which will deliver more than 426 PS and 529 Nm of torque.
Models also will offer Ford's SYNC 2 connectivity and navigation system; heated and ventilated seats; Park Assist; black leather trim; chrome detailing; and 19-inch alloy wheels.
Consumers can log onto www.ford.com now to view information, graphics and videos about the new Mustang and the iconic car's 50-year heritage. During the match they will have the chance to register with just name, email address and phone number for an opportunity to purchase one of the 500 models that will include a special package and a limited edition certificate.
Ford also is hosting a Ford Mustang reveal experience at the UEFA Champions Festival at Praça do Comércio in central Lisbon. A 4-D experience combining big screen and live action and starring the new Ford Mustang runs every 15 minutes from 11:00 to 23:00 WET until May 25, and will attract an anticipated 100,000 fans during its three day run.
The new Ford Mustang will be the first ever to be made available across Europe when it goes on sale next year.
As official vehicle supplier to the UEFA Champions League, Ford has provided more than 900 vehicles for official use this season. More than 200 Ford vehicles are transporting VIPs and match officials at this year's final, and Ford also is transporting the winner's trophy from the UEFA Champions Festival to the stadium Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica.
Click here to view the news