Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a mk3 64 plate focus, loving the car but having come from a 2.0l 140bhp Mondeo I'm thinking of getting it remapped to give it that bit extra oomph. I've found a company that estimate 30-35 bhp and 50-60nm increase with a stage one or can do a
20-25 bhp and 40-50nm increase with an eco remap.
Been doing some reading and read that the focus has a safety feature built into it's factory map to protect the gearbox which means its a bit sluggish in first, must admit this does appear to be the case having driven it.
I'm looking to find anyone who has had a remap done on this engine and obviously what increases and results.
Also how is the car coping with the extra power?
Thanks

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,465 Posts
Well known established and well liked company, especially on the FocusSTOC site which has many ST Diesel owners

http://www.superchips.co.uk/

Add - its not just about power/torque, its also very much about driveability

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, very similar results to the remappers eco map. My concern is are the figures for the stage one a little to heavy for the components? The bluefin would put the car around the same sort of figures as my Mondeo but I'm tempted (however cautious) on going for that extra bit. Having never done this before I'm a little cautious.

·
8 gears or more please
5,465 Posts
You are on a manual transmission I presume. If so I don't see a problem.
As said, Bluefin is well respected and you can take it off and on yourself.
Note, I have no connection with Superchips whatsoever

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using TalkFord.com mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes manual transmission. I do like the idea of being able to remove it if need be. I think the problem I have is the stage one offers more at the same price, Christ who'd of thought it would be so difficult to choose something like this lol.

·
8 gears or more please
5,465 Posts
Ha ha, know what you mean, so many choices. Let us know how you go on, best of luck

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using TalkFord.com mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Car remapped yesterday and what a difference. Went for a celtic remap in the end. Figures haven't been proven but they estimate 113hp to 147bhp and 199lbft to 237lbft torque. Had 3 fault codes in the car at start, these were cleared and didn't return after a 5 mile drive, I will be getting it read again in 2 weeks time to see if they have returned. Car feels so much better and more pleasurable to drive, with first gear less restricted and then power through the rev range in all other gears. 3rd and 4th are just beasts and 5th and 6th are great on the Dual carriageway. Can't report back on fuel yet as I'm still enjoying the cars new lease of life.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Don't worry yourself about issues tuning your car. It can handle that power gain easily.
Someone on a different forum ran that same power gain for 50k miles no problem. He did however change the rear roll bar for an uprated one. Enjoy your 'new' car. I've had 2 of them and they're superb (even better tuned)

Sent from my SM-N910F using TalkFord.com mobile app

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
Its the traffic light grand prix thats likely to break things, if you let the car start

moving before giving it some right foot then it will give the drivetrain an easier

life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts