Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As per the title I'm after your thoughts and opinions on a 2010 Mk7 Fiesta, in particular the 1.6l manual petrol zetec models. This will be used primarily as a runabout for my wife, typically less that 10km per journey.

There are a couple for sale that I have my eye on with around 85k km (50k miles) on the clock, in pretty decent condition. Just wondering what to look out for and what the service requirements will be in the not to distant future?

So, good, bad, avoid?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
61 Posts
We've owned a couple of Mk7's now, but both have been 1.6 diesels. No complaints on either, nice to drive and other than a cracked thermostat housing on the 1st (which was fixed under warranty) we've not had any troubles.

I believe the 1.6 petrol engine has been around in various forms for years, and pretty much bulletproof. Servicing should be cheap, and being non-turbo there's less to go wrong. Even if it does it should be cheap to fix.

The only reason we went diesel is because we were doing high mileage, if we needed a cheap runabout for low mileages I'd definitely consider a non-turbo petrol :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts