Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ,, after puting my car down the 1/4 and geting a not bad time considering

im looking at throttle bodies ,,, dose anyone know if its been done?

i been looking but no one seames to have done it ,,

thanks tony

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
what mk is it mate?

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
an st200 tb will fit and its a bigger bore, but im sure i have read that some people have put the 220 tb on there and its easier to fit, someone will be along shortly to tell me im wrong if i am

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
oh i see what you mean now, i think this could be rather expensive to do, you would need brackets and each bosy would need a filter and some way of getting a lot of air in to them, what about posting in the serious performance section, there are a few on here that can advise

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
I believe theres a manifold for the jaguar V6. Not sure if it fits the duratec tho. ITBs would be a great mod. Even if you had to get the manifold fabricated. Iv been luck with my zetec that i can use the ST170 manifold on mine.

Theres a few ways of going about it the custom way. You can get 2 sets of triple bodies off a bike, or even buy 2 sets of 4 and remove 1 from each, or buy 3 sets of twin bodies. If you have loads of free time, once you get the manifold sorted the rest is actually very simple.

Sorry i cant be of more help

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
theres none for the duratec v6 there

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
no one that i know of lists an off the shelf kit

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/ list them for the older ford v6's and the jag v6 (not sure but i think its an old jag) but i believe they can help with it

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i looked into it a while ago and there is also an issue with the physical room to fit them on the top of the v6 clashing with the bonnet. on mk1 and mk2's the bonnet is nearly touching the top of the engine anyway.

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
you have to remember tho that the upper and lower manifolds will be removed on teh V6, so there will be loads more room than you think. However you may still need to mod the bonnet slightly

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok ,, i have been on to tec at jenvey ,, and thay have prototyped and cast the first batch of v6 manifolds ,but for the 3land not the 2.5

the clerance is very limted on the bonnet

the chap will be sending me some pics and info ,, when i get this i shall post it up or pass on to anyone that wants it

i will be fiting to a 2.5 if i have my way lol as we came up with a way that mite work ,, hopefully

thanks tony

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
cool if you want to pass the info this way i'd be interested :L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.