Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,i have a 2011 Mondeo 2.2 200 p.s txs and i think it's starting to suffer from throttle body issues,my question is that if i get a new one and fit it is it just plug and play or will it needed coding or setting up?
Any info much appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What issues are you getting?
I'm getting occasional flat spots,slight hiccups when pulling away and increased fuel consumption,a friend of mine who runs an independent Land Rover garage says it sounds exactly the same symptoms that Freelander 2's suffer from (same engine as 2.2 Mondeo) when a throttle body starts to fail,Mondeo throttle bodies are the same as Freelanders.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I'm getting occasional flat spots,slight hiccups when pulling away and increased fuel consumption,a friend of mine who runs an independent Land Rover garage says it sounds exactly the same symptoms that Freelander 2's suffer from (same engine as 2.2 Mondeo) when a throttle body starts to fail,Mondeo throttle bodies are the same as Freelanders.
If you decide to buy a new throttle body( mine completely went eventually after similar issues initially) Yes it will need a “relearn”....However, go first to a reputable set up and see what codes if any are showing...because it’s intermittent there will probably be none but I’m unsure on that point...It’s literally a 5 minute job changing the actual body but unless you have software for a relearn you could get away with disconnecting both battery terminals & even holding them for a few seconds will clear any current...Then fit the body and reconnect but whatever you do ENSURE THE CAR IDLES ONLY for at least 5 mins...I usually go to 8-10 then take it for a 10 minute drive where you will be using all gears and driving normal...Over Following few days you should notice a crisper sweet gear change.... in theory it should relearn itself completely after a period although I go to a local guy to get a relearn done when I can afford....Good Luck & if you get sudden strange noises and car not shutting down...Get it off the battery immediately as final failure will suck battery so dry it’s destroyed and possible ecu damage....I can’t find the post but there’s a guy on forum who assisted me when mine went...Drives a taxi and a real diamond geezer...Stay Safe and Take Care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts