Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I've posted this in the 4 Cylinder Forum also but I've then noticed this Forum which perhaps applies more.
Merry Christmas all. Well I have a P Reg Mondeo 2.0. Up until I went away for 2 weeks the car was fine. I've had it parked up over the cold weather on the drive while working offshore. Now when I go to turn the car to the left I hear a dull thud coming from under the car. Its predominently when I turn full on to the left and then sometimes when I go to correct the steering to move straight on. I havent been able to get under the car to see exactly where the sound is coming from but the thud seems to come from just near the left front wheel. I'm wondering if perhaps a rubber joint has worn due to the frost. The sound happens both when I turn the steering when the car is stopped and when the car is moving. I'm hoping it wont be too hard a fix as the pennies are short after xmas! Anyone got any ideas? Anything inherent in the mondeo for my cars year?

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
sounds like a cracked spring, i had the same sypmtoms, and thought of drive shaft, but it was a cracked spring, cost me £90 fitted at a local garage

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.