Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello to those who are desperate with creaking B-pillar!

I had this problem for a looong time, tried everything described online but nothing helped. Then I got really angry with the car and decided to do sound-deadening of all panels along with lining interior with some mlv / 3m thinsulate acoustic (for roof). I started with the roof and before I took headliner down I had unmounted roof handles and suddenly the hated rattle was gone!! It was caused by friction between these handles and the headliner. Got some felt tape from ebay and used it as a decoupler of these two and that never-ending clicking noise is gone for good :banana2:

Treating the roof with 3m thinsulate sheets made a great difference too, it's totally silent now and can't even hear raindrops when it's raining.

Let me know if this post helps you.

·
Big Megger
587 Posts
Hi danzz41.

Thanks for this. Just recently I have become aware of this crack sound which I thought was coming from the

rear passenger door. I had a similar problem with my previous mk4 2008 model.

The dealer sorted it out with a lot of sound proof felt and by Ford's recommendation of using tools to spread

the panels along the spot welded points. My car has now 157,000 'ish kms so I have escaped this annoyance

up to now. I've ordered the new one and sincerely hope they have solved this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts