1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Megger
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Clever Clauggs
4,372 Posts
Can see your point, pictures and description are really seductive its like walking

round a tool store,child in a sweet shop, sorry i can't help you, you have to resist temptation

especially the price and from China.

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
Yeah it looks good in the pictures, but its bulky and multiple splines which maybe a

downside with tight nuts/bolts.

In a bid to make it fit hex/torq/splines etc. How good a fit will it have on a standard nut?

I think you will have a play and find a few uses then it will sit at the bottom of your toolbox

as you reach for a standard socket/spanner.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,372 Posts
'Not dishwasher safe, fits most microwaves with a turntable'

Can understand someone likes clean tools but puzzling is 'fits most microwaves

with turntable'.

·
Megger
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks gentlemen. I know you are right and I also know that any low priced tool is probably not worth the steel it is made from. And anything 'universal' isnever the best idea.

However, I do have a number of Lidl spanners and sockets, all very reasonable price and they all seems to do the job. But then, I'm not a use them everyday professional.

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
Yeah the ALDI/LIDL stuff is cheap and does the job, i have the bench grinder/sander and

its OK but you cannot run it for ages. Gets quite hot.

Bit like the MachineMart Clarke stuff, some of its Draper and some cheap Chinese stuff

rebranded.

·
Registered
151 Posts
>>>I do have a number of Lidl spanners and sockets, all very reasonable price and they all seems to do the job. But then, I'm not a use them everyday professional.

Totally agree. It was more the tool design before even thinking about quality that would keep it from my garage.

I have a mixture of tool brands choosing to up the quality for things like torque wrenches and test tools... but for some sockets, spanners etc the Lidl quality ones are all you might need.

·
Ford "Mechanic"
387 Posts
Cheap spanners and sockets tend to have thicker, less carefully designed features which can leave you with no other option than a grinder on either the tool or the job. That said, you can usually buy 5 or 10 for the price of 1 top speccer like a snap-on or mack, etc.

I like that thingy though. It's a great idea at least and would be useful for something somewhere sometime and a pair of them would be twice as much use for for something somewhere sometime...

·
Little Megger
4,453 Posts

·
Megger
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No!

I already have too many tools that hardly ever get used. Many whee bought to do the job; specifically the Mk3 TDCI high pressure pump locking tool.

Had recently though about another spanner set from my favourite Lidl. Everything from 6mm to 32mm. Almost never need 32 and already have a few of the smaller sizes, so didn't go there!

·
I Love Diesel
2,219 Posts
I have a set of Aston Super Wrenches and although I wouldn't use them where a proper spanner fitted, they have got me out of a few sticky situations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts