Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Think this is the correct section to post in !?!

I was thinking about spraying my original rear lights blue but was wondering if they will look ok? has any one sprayed there lights in blue before? if so what did they look like?

Thanks

LeighRoy

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
What colour is your car mate?
Depends on the body colour as to what it would look like.

Any tinting of a rear light is illegal, and you could be pulled for it, also MOT failer.
If you go ahead with it (which i would :naughty: then have a spare set at home for if the police get bored.

Also visability will be worse in fog/night conditions, so either uprate the bulbs, or dont tint too much, could end up being dangerous.

Pics when done please :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
uzi9cm said:
Any tinting of a rear light is illegal
I thought they were only illegal if they dont show the original colour, and there isnt a reflector...

Like these, they are illegal because they dont have a reflector, but still show original colours...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
uzi9cm said:
What colour is your car mate?
Depends on the body colour as to what it would look like.

Any tinting of a rear light is illegal, and you could be pulled for it, also MOT failer.
If you go ahead with it (which i would :naughty: then have a spare set at home for if the police get bored.

Also visability will be worse in fog/night conditions, so either uprate the bulbs, or dont tint too much, could end up being dangerous.

Pics when done please :)
The colour of my car is Amparo blue so i thought it would look nice?

Doesnt the spray come off with meths etc.... ? I havent got another set, as if i did get another set i would prob just get black lexus lights, but i wanna see what it will look like with blue lights first!

I never knew you can uprate rear bulbs!.

Next question, how easy is it to do black eyes?

Cheers for any help

LeighRoy

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
blackeyes on the mk3 are pretty easy to do ( i managed it so its must be easy :whistling: ).

the biggest problem is prising the front plastic covers from the light units.

once the clear plastic is removed there are 2 screws ( small torx head if memory serves ) holding the bit you paint to the light unit ( one screw at the top near the middle, the other screw is hidden behind the sidelight lense which needs removing anyway )

then you just refit in reverse order and make sure you re-seal the lights well or you could end up like i did ( had to do them again as they constantly fogged up - seems to be sorted now anyway ) :L

1 - 5 of 5 Posts