Ford Automobiles Forum banner

tire pressure measurement

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  The_Bandit 
#1 ·
Can I get tire pressure measurement on display, on all 4 wheels. Right now, warn it only about low pressure
Sorry for the translation

Henrik (Denmark)

#4 ·
What year is your mk5? Ford changed the tyre pressure sensors about 2017/18. Before that the car didn't know which sensor was on which wheel. For the newer sensors the car is aware of their location. I think the tyre pressure sensor diagram above is only available with cars with the newer sensors - my car (2015) won't do it and I have looked in to how to get that info up via forscan.

#7 ·
What the Mk4 had is nothing to do do with what the Mk5 has or gets.
Early MK 5s do not have the facility (in standard format) to display what you want. See Ojobson's reply above
You may be able to update it by using Forscan but I don't know the answer to that

#9 ·
Software or an App. You use it with an OBDII dongle to read fault codes and it also allows access to
some features like setting your audio to high/low levels if you change the stereo etc.

It gets updated fairly often and they add new features.

#12 ·
Just to add this is indeed possible to achieve through the use of FORscan, my 2015 MK5 only had the generic "low pressure" warning when I got the car, but after using FORscan I now just select the option that was mentioned earlier and it shows all four tyres and their pressures. A life saver when one tyre starts to go down over time and allows you to catch it before it's too late.

#13 ·
after using FORscan I now just select the option that was mentioned earlier and it shows all four tyres and their pressures. A life saver when one tyre starts to go down over time and allows you to catch it before it's too late.
Oooh, this is interesting. Do you happen to know what setting you used or how you found it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.