Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents.

My 2006 titanium windscreen rain sensor is acting abit odd, im guessing the sensor is just old and needs to be replaced.

When i push my windscreen wiper stalk up one notch, the wipers sweep the windowscreen once.... ands thats it.

So at first i thought the sensor was dead, but when i leave the car on, and the stalk in that position, go outside and cover the sensor with my hand, it starts sweepin. But i need to cover it up pretty good before it starts sweeping, even with heavy rain it just ignores my yelling :( Can these sensors get worn down due to the sun exposure over longer time?

I have found lots of used sensors on ebay and amazon, just a small box with one little connector in the rear view mirror. Is it easy to just "pop out" and replace?

In advance, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How high or low is the setting on the stalk as this control's how the wipers respond to the rain on the sensor
Hey Mark

Sorry about the later answer, we actually had some rain today. So gave i a propper test.

First of all, i had the rain sensor suck on step 6, the higher the number, the more senestive, jokes on me. Its the other way around. So slammed it in step 1 and drove off.

Before driving off, i switched the stalk, had my suspicion about the 1-6 step tripper was faulty, but thats not the case.

Im gussing its just a flawed design, it has to like realy "rain" before the sensor gives a damn. Even on step 1, standing with a standard cleaning solustion spray from 30-40 cm away spraying directly on the sensor, it sometimes sweep, from 10-20 cm away, i does an "ok" job, nothing to cheer about. If you drive behind another car and get sprayed with a small amount off water from the ongoing cars tires, the screen slowly covers up till you can see a darn thing. So i am forced to use the manual wipers.

When it starts to rain and the front screen gets hammered, it does and "ok" job... again, nothing to cheer about.

I might change the sensor just to try it out, but i want a new one, not a used one. And i am having troubles finding a new one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is where I might learn something...

I thought the wiper stalk with the 6 point intermittent setting was for manual wiper only and that the auto wiper system only worked through the auto stalk without the intermittent setting >>>>

Please can anyone advise on this as I want to add this mod myself.

Hope this leads to an answer you as well Atomarne.

D

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,191 Posts
This is where I might learn something...

I thought the wiper stalk with the 6 point intermittent setting was for manual wiper only and that the auto wiper system only worked through the auto stalk without the intermittent setting >>>>

Please can anyone advise on this as I want to add this mod myself.

Hope this leads to an answer you as well Atomarne.

D
You are right, and wrong lol.
Most mk3s with auto wipers didn't have the six point adjustment but some final facelift ones did.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,191 Posts
Forgot to add:
To do this mod I think you need the appropriate final facelift wiper stalk and final facelift GEM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts