Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Big Megger
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MK2 zetec in silver - do i debadge the 16v and zetec or replace like my sail panels to ghia?

I now have the ghia spec in my car - would be ghia x apart from the door open n washer level comp!

What do you think?

Any pics of a de badged mondy?

Thanks!

·
Love my cheap to run Mondy's
658 Posts
What's a washer level comp?I got a ghia x but I don't think I got one of those!!!!

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Wi11 said:
MK2 zetec in silver - do i debadge the 16v and zetec or replace like my sail panels to ghia?

I now have the ghia spec in my car - would be ghia x apart from the door open n washer level comp!

What do you think?

Thanks!
AWS was dropped in late 99 ;)

·
MEG Sergeant
2,338 Posts
Wi11 said:

What do you think?

Thanks!
i dont see the point in putting ghia badges on if its not a ghia. its like putting a st24 badge on a zetec s just because its got the body kit on. but its upto you mate that just my opinion :L

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
better to have a car marked Zetec and upgrade it spec wise but dont put badges on saying its a ghia if it isnt ... bit like these chavs who put turbo badges on a 1.1 pug lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Seems to me if its got the Ghia spec then its the Ghia, so its really up to you whether you care enough to re-badge it.

I'm curious as to whether you would have to clasify it as a Ghia for the purposes of insurance.

·
Big Megger
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Didn't know AWS was stopped thanks GT - i know what you mean about putting turbo badges on and stuff, but mine is now ghia spec,

To be honest i wasnt favouring the ghia badges in the end

(rest assured i wont be putting a body kit on it and an st badge!)

I think i am going to de badge completly!

Thanks for your views!

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
debadge :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
:L

·
Megger
64 Posts
gravedigger said:
i prefere total de badged cars myself
Aye, I agree on no badges. My MK1 only has a front Ford badge now. I did however leave the 4x4 badges on the side, I'm still debating removing them but I like the rarity of the 4x4.

I think debaged cars look 'bigger' and also it stops the nasty dirt building up between letters which I've seen on some cars has caused some paint dmage and corrosion.

Just my humble opinion.

·
MEG Corporal
802 Posts
I took the badges off the back and used Mk3 V6 badges for the sides, the back looks alot cleaner, I replaced the side ones as they look a lot smoother and still shows it is a v6 :L

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
MONDYMANv6 said:
i got rid off all mine on the rear and just left the V6 sign on the wings , looks a lot better in my eys :L

im tempted but like it saying its a zetec model..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.