Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got Toca Race Driver 3 on pc?

Just got it yesterday and it rocks! Not completed much of it yet but I've started straight into the touring cars bit hoping to get to drive a Mondeo as soon as possible :)

There are sooooo many tracks, cars and races to complete it's a phenomenal game. The graphics and gameplay are the best I've ever played on any format (not been on a 360 yet so dunno).

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
I must admit I've struggle to get into the TOCA games recently. 1 and 2 (way back on PSone) were great, but this Race Driver series seems to be a mix of simulation and arcade, as such its never felt convincing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first Toca I've played so I can't say. I've been searching for a good car game with some longevity to it for a couple of months now.

The NFS games are too short and anything I tried on the PS2 was naff compared to the PC stuff.

Was going to hold out for a PS3 till I bought another game but couldn't resist when I saw how much this game has to it.

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
I got TRD 1 and 2 on the PC, both awesome, i cant wait to get my mitts on the third one.
Just hope my PC has enough oooomph in it to run the game smoothly enough.

The first two have hours upon hours of gameplay so it doesnt surprise me that the 3rd one is just the same.

I had TRD2 on PS2 and on Xbox, but the PC version was way better, mainly in graphics, but the sound and speed of it all was so much better.

Not hinting to anyone, but my birthday is in 10 days time :)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
is it coming out on the 360?

thought 1 and 2 were ok, but a bit too arcady, didnt feel as smooth using a sterring wheel set as something like gt4 or pgr on the xbox.

hopefully this is much improved on the new one?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't think my PC would be up for it and doesn't even have the recommended specs but I have everything on max with 1280x1024 res and it runs smooth as owt.

My card (nvidia 6600) isn't even listed as compatable but is fine.

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
My 4200Ti Nvida might struggle though :(

Time to upgrade me thinks.

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
4200ti struggled with the first one. :(

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
gm_crop said:
4200ti struggled with the first one. :(
Mine copes fine with the 2nd, sound is poor, but graphically it keeps up no probs.

·
MEG Admiral
1,956 Posts
Wierd, mine struggled even at really low settings. Odd how it could run Max Payne 2 beautifully though.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PC's are weird like that, Toca 3 runs perfect on max settings on mine yet I don't have the recommended settings. On NFS most wanted I have more than the recommended and it runs poor!

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
The only time it ran badly was right at the start of the race if i was back of the grid, 16 cars in front all on screen at once not good, but 2 secs later was fine.

Just made me try harder when qualifying, and would be fine if i were nearer the front :)

·
Big Megger
192 Posts
just ordered mine should be here tomorrow,can't wait ...

·
Im Back !!!!
3,483 Posts
Anyone got any screen shots?
Whats difference between 2nd and this one? Is it only graphical changes? Plus more tracks championships and cars?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts