Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are issues using this device if you have the heated windscreen?

I've read that certain types of screen mean that the TomTom needs an external aerial, does anyone have any experience / comments?

Thanks,
Dan.

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Used it in a MK1 and MK2 Mondeo both with heated screens and no problems at all, also nonsense about them not working with heat reflective screens as I have used it in a Renault scenic with one of these screens and it worked fine also.

Steve

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
also , if you look in the bottom right hand corner of the screen you will see the wires dont go into it , if you do have problems then site the satnav down there and it will work no problem :L

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Again, no problems here either

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Arrived yesterday and after a couple of apparent teething problems (unit just needed a reset to get going properly) it's all good.

Booked it in for today to have ir hard-wired into the car's electrics and it's all done. Very tidy indeed.

I'm well pleased with it.

Thanks for everyone's replies. :cool:

·
wbumanagh
8,607 Posts
[quote name=black knight]Arrived yesterday and after a couple of apparent teething problems (unit just needed a reset to get going properly) it's all good.

Booked it in for today to have ir hard-wired into the car's electrics and it's all done. Very tidy indeed.

I'm well pleased with it.

Thanks for everyone's replies. :cool: [/quote]

Any pics mate?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try and take some tomorrow and post them up.

Just also installed the speed scamera database onto it and went for a spin. Picked up 4 in our local area and you can set the distance that it alerts you to them.

Very impressed indeed with this :cool: ;)

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
good stuff , i assume it is suckered to the windscreen , if it is then i hope you remove the mount and any sucker marks left on the screen :L

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, defo! A friend of my other half recently suffered.

He has an A4 convertible and left it in overnight by accident after rushing in from work. The thieves cut a hole in the roof, wreched it right back and nabbed his Road Angel.

Worst thing is that he is deaf so he didn't hear the car alarm going off all night.

Not a single one of his neighbours got up to look or alert anyone.

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
ive got the "one" thinking about buying the in car fixing kit instead of using the sucker, as ive invested in the external anntena

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.