Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
yesterday i changed the bearings at the top of the struts, the difference in the drive is amazing. the both bearing were damaged and as soon as i took the mounting up they spelt the balls on the ground. new ones in and all the shaking and instability in the front is gone.
pay attention guys!
:driving:

·
Big Megger
163 Posts
i have a really shaky wobble on steering wheel just had new tyres fitted and ballenced and had new disks fitted but still a bad wobble could it be these top mount bearing thingys???

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
not only bearings, but the mountigs as well as they tend to wear so to say, the new ones were approx 3-4 mm higher ie reducing the springs span and conseqeuntly lowering the arch to the tyres not significantly but is something anyway
on other hand i managed to change the arb bushes. in another post was discussed that the arb was moving along. TG was rigth. the arb once is clamped should not move at all. the new bushes have to come with the brackets. it takes a while to cope with the rusted bolts and undoing the subframe in order to reach them but is money and time well worth believe me
and very smooth and soft :driving: again at last

·
Big Megger
163 Posts
cheers m8, what do they call these parts i need to do mine so i can enquire about them at fords? thanks for your help m8 :thankyousign:

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
front struts top mountigs and bearing
front antiroll bar bushes and /crimping/brackets -bear in mind that the new bushes might not go with the old brackets as it was case with mine
ford prices:
mountigs j17 each
bearings j6-7 each

1 - 6 of 6 Posts