Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the touch up 'pen' type things which Halfords sell. Are they any good?

Also, some years ago (about 16 to be precise!) I had a Fiat 127. I bought some spray cans for that from Fiat, which came with a little brush inside the lid. For touching in, you sprayed the paint into the lid, waited a few seconds for the solvent to evaporate, and applied it using the supplied brush.

Can you do that with modern spray cans?

·
Banned
716 Posts
The bugger with all these is that most cars have metallic paint. The paint is easy to apply neatly, but the clear coat is a nightmare. TBH, if it is a very small chip I don't bother with the clear coat and the change in colour is minimal. Different with a bigger area, but in my opinion, anything biggert than a small chip needs to be professionally fixed or it looks a mess.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've picked up a scratch today which although only a couple of inches long, has gone through to the undercoat, so shows up white! To be honest, even if the colour isn't a perfect match, it would look better than it does white!

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
I got a touch up kit from halfords and it was miles out in shade :loopy:

·
Registered
680 Posts
my ford can has a little brush with it, i do like the halfords pens for stone chips and scratches tho, as aswell as the brush it has a needle point to injet the paint in. once dry sand with p1200 (+water) buff with scratch remover, then Tcut and wax and they are gone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts