1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brill day :D
More pics of other cars :L

only 2 pics atm, untill i get the disk from javalin :L

(note b4 anyone says it those are my track wheels..... i did want turbines, but marney's old wheels will do :L...... oooh and the tyres are knackered now :} :} but the breakes are epic :L)

Attachments

·
I did the pics
12,043 Posts
Haha, after one session?
How was it? Did it get the old blood pumping? I wanna go round the Lotus track in a Lotus if they still do it. mate done it a few years back.

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
cool, fun aint i miss the track, will get out the later this year.

what suspension you got got a bit off a roll on there.

the red stuff brakes are ace once warmed aint they.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
errr yes, lol i could try and maybe get 1/2 a session out of them lol, but i think its gunna be a new rubbar jobby :} :} :}

oooh and anyone who dose a trackday i cannot recomend a lesson with the instructor enough, it really helpes :L

it was epic, and for a heavy car like the mondeo, if you know how to drive/corner in it its amazingly quick, i actually caught up and passed the icon motorsport XR2 ( a track prepard car ), almost got to overtake the FTO as well, but he wouldnt let me pass, but to be honest after i caught him and tailed him for a while i decided to cool off and return to the pits :L

my car is standard apart from the bits in my signature, and is running fine, used no oil/water even after the abuse, and the brake combo was amazing from my last trackday, i cannot recomend it enough :L

as for blood pumping......... i can still feel the rush :} :}

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
standard suspension :} and larging it :L, but it works, on the long right hander, i actually got some 4 wheel drifting ......... which i didnt think was possiable in a FWD car, but it was such a rush :L

for the next track day i am gunna get a different camera (the wireless one gave up the ghost) and hopfully have some video of slides etc lol :L

·
Banned
3,675 Posts
ivan said:
standard suspension :} and larging it :L, but it works, on the long right hander, i actually got some 4 wheel drifting ......... which i didnt think was possiable in a FWD car, but it was such a rush :L

for the next track day i am gunna get a different camera (the wireless one gave up the ghost) and hopfully have some video of slides etc lol :L
I had four wheel drifting in my Hendy ( span it completely when the rear end let loose ). All to do with physics evidently - adverse cambers etc. Never thought I could lose the arse end onf a fwd car either :L

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anglianut said:
ivan said:

I had four wheel drifting in my Hendy ( span it completely when the rear end let loose ). All to do with physics evidently - adverse cambers etc. Never thought I could lose the arse end onf a fwd car either :L
very starnge feeling as well when it makes a bid for freedom, i am just glad the instructor was there the first time i mannaged to get the back to let go as he showed me the basics of drifting :L

but its a bad thing tbh, as rather than 2 new front tyres......... i need all 4 now :} :} :} :L

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
4 wheel drift in front wheel drive easy, but also easy to over step the mark.

this is where rear wheel drive is soooo much fun let the tail loose,

·
Phil "THE BOOST" Wootty
2,739 Posts
it is good to stick the gas down on track.no cameras,no coppers,no crap manhole covers.ive done loadsa laps at donnigton and cadwell park but not in cars.my old RC30 Honda. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
but FWD has the advantage on corners, being able to brake steer in, and power out faster with out the risk of the rear stepping out (or so i was told) :L

but for laughs RWD gets more grins :} :}

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
ivan said:
but FWD has the advantage on corners, being able to brake steer in, and power out faster with out the risk of the rear stepping out (or so i was told) :L

but for laughs RWD gets more grins :} :}
nah rear wheel mid engine best layout, hense race cars, but you cant break into the corner it will step out big style , but then you use the power to steer. much more fun. very tricky to learn at first, i was trained in a ferrari testarosa, that why a brought the mgf afterwards lol

you should borrow the miss car for the next one lol

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but not touring cars :L

anyway i am refaring to production class :tongue: :L

tempting but i have sooo much fun in mine :L

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
lol true, try get a ride in the formula parlma audi single seater, now thos really do shift. 300bhp in a car that weights less than a mini, rear engined rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
I've had all wheels drifting on numerous occasions....but i am fully Formula 1 trained professional racing driver, I'm probably the best on here... :D

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
newannaive said:
I've had all wheels drifting on numerous occasions....but i am fully Formula 1 trained professional racing driver, I'm probably the best on here... :D
fancy putting you money where you mouth is hire two race cars for the day?

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
no....just fishing for a daz.. :whistling: :} :}

besides your car is way too heavy and cumbersome to be racing... :tongue:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts