Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
sounds like a good idea in the makin i hope to get on the track next month good to see your gettin quicker mate

tyres cause you abusing them. the mondeo was never design for the track, so you pushing the car hard it will hurt the engine in the end, but shouldnt worry to much just makes sure you check coolent levels oil levels etc etc. advise to change oil more regularly if tracking, and idealy after every track session.

the harder you push the harder the car is working.

Ivan, whats the trick for getting the back end out on the mondeo? on my last car (also FWD) it was easy, drop off the gas sharply on a roundabout and the back end would step out, turn into it and floor it and it would hold sideways nicely (not as nicely as a RWD but it was fun all the same). But on the mondeo I haven’t had the back end out without the aid of the handbrake, it just seams to want to understeer all the time.

dont know about the mk2's only drove/owned mk3's, those are very neutral, in geometery settings, and will slide as you mentioned.

maybe get you tracking checked, and adjusted to the settings off the st versions.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
the only way i found to get the backend out was to brake steer into the corner (to get the weight onto the front end), then just keep powering through the corner, once you get enough speed down (i was doing about 70 - 80) the back starts to step out, its just a question of getting enough G's up to cause the tyres to break hold :L

and it takes quite alot to break the grip though :} :} :} as far as understeer goes i dont think this is too much of a problem now as i used to, as the instructor showed me how to use the understeer to my advantage :L

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.