Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Brighton 'til i die!!
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys my new ST24 has the traction control permanatly illuminated on the dash (does this mean it will or wont wheel spin?) as is the button by the ashtray for the traction control.

when i push the button to turn it off, it clicks but none of the lights go out....ANY IDEAS PLEASE? :L

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
it is turned on by the sounds of things , could be a dodgy switch, you will soon know when you boot it a little

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
they should spin .....very easily

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
JaR said:
On my late mk2 the traction lamp on dash only lights up when the wheel spin and traction botton doesnt light up.

JaRR
mine to, the light on the dash is never on only when the wheels spin like jarr said.

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
same here. on my ST24 push the button and a light on the dash came on, on the ghia x, push the button and no light comes on on the dash

·
Big Megger
460 Posts
On the MK3's traction control is on when the car is started. i.e. no lights on switch or dash. To turn traction control off the switch is pressed for about 1 second. This lights up the switch and the dashboard icon.

·
Brighton 'til i die!!
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found out today that becasue i need a new rear ABS sensor that the tranction control light will stay permamantly on til i get that sorted!!

thanx for the advice guys! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.