Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon,

I currently own a Ford Transit 2.2 TDCI 130bhp which has given me huge headches..

First the motor blew up and it had to be replaced along with all four injectors. Afterwards I've had MASSIVE clutch issues(Mostly my mechanics fault) which replaced the engine without replacing the clutch and then when it shredded to pieces I told him to replace the whole thing along with the hidraulic bearing, thing he didn't do..

So 2 weeks after the clutch being replaced the hidraulic bearing started knocking like mad and it would only stop when the clutch was pressed..

The next day I get up to go work, start the van and it stalls.. Start it again and it stalls again.. Eventually I managed to get it going but it was pretty much stalling all day long.

I called up my dad who has had fords all his life and he told me to buy injector cleaner and pass by his place.. I did so and when I got there he told me to fill up the tank with diesel and apply the liquid coming back to his place afterwards.

I did so and when I got there he wanted to rev the engine up a bit "for the liquid to flow in, I suppose". I warned him that the bearing would knock more the higher the revs were so afraid of breaking something he pressed the clutch and reved the engine..

As soon as he leaves off the throttle the van stalls. He starts the up again and it sounds like a tractor. Runs really rough, specially when cold. The hidraulic bearing has been replaced but the rough sound prevails..

Even when it's cold the van starts up properly, there is no smoke coming out of the exhaust, it did lose a subtle ammount of power being the noise it makes the biggest issue specially when its cold because the idle isn't stable.. The first 2-3 seconds after it starts it sounds like its new but afterwards starts sounding like a tractor again.

Any clues on what this could be?

(Yes the engine light is on. It has been for a while even after the engine started running rough. EGR might be a bit faulty but I don't believe it is causing all this trouble)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stalling and revs drooping up and down doesn't happen anymore. The issue now is the noise the engine makes and the suble drop in power.

As I said on the previous post "The first 2-3 seconds after it starts it sounds like its new but afterwards starts sounding like a tractor again."

Theres is no smoke coming out of the exhaust at any times either.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.