Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Conversmod & Powermod UK Install & Support
2016 Mondeo mk5 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 180ps
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Can someone explain how to get the computer into test mode to find out what version I have, and also what is the FLOF setting?? I just fitted a mk.2 trip computer into my mark 1 monday, and the fuel remaining goes down ok (I have a mk.2 fuel pump cos of the mark 2 dials) - but it seems wildly innacurate - saying I have about 130 miles left in the tank when I KNOW I only have about 30! Also, the MPG seems to go really nuts - it reckons I'm doing about 48MPG around town! It's wired up correctly, is there a setting I can adjust? What are the other adjustments on the trip? I've seen people with issues about the fuel remaining being out, and people have recommended settings of -1 and -2 - what do these mean???

Thanks guys..... :L

·
I Love Diesel
2,172 Posts
you can get into test mode with just the ignition on, but its better to have the engine running as well. press and hold the big left button until it beeps and/or everything in the display is lit up. then press the same button again to cycle through the settings. switch the ignition off to leave test mode.

·
I Love Diesel
2,172 Posts
FLOF is normally set to 0, but you can alter it to make the trip computer think the engines using more or less fuel. hold down both big buttons together and switch on the ignition. FLOF should appear and you can alter the setting up or down using the smaller left buttons. switch off ignition when done. i think the value may be a percentage, so setting it to +5 will make the computer think its using 5% more fuel. i have just altered mine and am waiting to see if it works.

·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys - Think I'll be testing that later....

:thankyousign:

Anyone any idea why the fuel remaining is about 100 miles out tho? I've taken the feed for this off the fuel sender line on the back of the dash, and the fuel gauge works ok - Well if you can call a mondy fuel meter a 'gauge' :whistling:

·
I Love Diesel
2,172 Posts
the miles remaining is based on your average mpg and fuel left in the tank. so if your mpg is way off then so will the miles remaining.

·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it doesn't just take it from the fuel remaining signal? Never knew that one...

I think the level it's getting is still wrong tho - when I turn on the ignition, it takes a reading from the fuel remaining doesn't it? When I turn it on, it's telling me I have 3g left in the tank in test mode - And I know I've only got about 25 miles left! Is there no way to adjust that, or should I just go and buy meself the fuel sender as well lol!

One weird thing tho - the mk.1 fuel send I took out of the car had five wires on it, the mk.2 one I put in it only had 4 connected - pump power, and two for the sender. When i looked at the old sensor - It has 5 wires to it - including one to the float contact. I had to change it cos it worked the opposite way round to what it should - just wondering if I can invert the wiring on it..... :whistling:

·
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I've tried adjusting the FLOF setting, but it seems very non-linear in the adjustment - anyone got any idea what the scale is? I know the mk.1 trip can go from -10 to 10, and the mark 2 -25 to 25, but anyone shed any light?

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Set it to +10 and run a week with it like that and see how it goes :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts