Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My name is Steve
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike has been stood for 6 monhs and started first kick. The bike ran for about 1 minute and sounded like it ran out of fuel. It wouldn't start again, but several hours later it did and the same thing happened. It has a good spark, any other suggestions please ?
I,m guessing carb, but not sure what i,m looking for ?

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
use new petrol, drain all the old stuff out and fill with the new, take the air filter off and pour justa a little fuel into the carb and start, may need to do this a few times but it should start, my son just bought his first scooter and we had similair probs, and plenty of cutting out , but the new fuel seems to have done it some good

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
probably easier to use a pipe and the petroleum removal vacuum pump, AKA your mouth lol, when you drain it look at the colour, we did a scooter at the weekend and the colour was totally different to the new petrol,

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
if it has a normal type tap then just pull the pipe from the carb, takes ages though, easier to use a pipe and syphon it out

·
My name is Steve
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right, syphoned out old fuel, and took the bottom of the carby and gave it a good clean.
Refilled with new fuel and worked out the fuel tap is the wrong way round :crazy:
Fired up almost immediately and ticks over like a good 'un :L
All be it a little too poppy for my likings and not like the burble of my 750 :thumbup:

Cheers Soomo

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
lol no probs mate :L glad its sorted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.