Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Won't adding a tuning box or bluefin to a TDCI put a lot of extra strain on the engine and components which may cause failure at some point? I bet the insurance would go through the roof also.
Your thoughts please.

Brad.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yes yes and yes

I'm looking for a tuning box too, most of the time I will be taking it easy and saving fuel, but now and again I know I will feel like giving it some and want a bit more go.

Things will only fail if your using the extra poke very often.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Assuming you or the car are in a state to unplug it ;)

Of course, tuning the engine will increase stress and wear on components, but I think if the car is looked after and properly maintained it won't be an issue. As for insurance, mine wasn't very much extra at all (Admiral) and well worth it imho :D

Chris

·
MEG Corporal
726 Posts
What did you have do in the way of proof?
I was told that I would need an engineers report to varify the mod and the claimed power gain.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
TdciDick said:
What did you have do in the way of proof?
I was told that I would need an engineers report to varify the mod and the claimed power gain.
No proof needed - they just asked me for an estimated gain (and I used the manufacturer's claimed figure of 160bhp). That was done via the online form though....

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.