Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had my turbo cleaned out by my local garage. They used a product called innotec turbo cleaner, meant to be good from what I have read. Also they cleaned my egr valve. I had all this work done because of the dreaded p132b code. Well the problem I have now is that is when I put my foot down its sounded like I had an air leak. Well this afternoon I went for a drive pulled over opened the bonnet and put my foot down again but this time I noticed there was white smoke coming from below my actuator so basically from the turbo area. Is it possible thy maybe when the garage reassembled the turbo they didn't seal both sides correctly and this is causing my boost leak? Or is white smoke another sign that my turbo is knacked?

·
???
3,628 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Check the large hose that connects to the bottom of the EGR. It may have come detached or may have a split in it. (Difficult to see without removing it.)

Peter

·
MEG Corporal
5,689 Posts
hi Andrew . and no it is not a sign of a nackered trubo in my book it is a sign of a not so well completed jobbie .. go back to the garge where they did this job and point out what you found .. tell them the motor is well down on boost and worse than when you left the motor in to theie expert care and demand they fix the problem .. afterasll you have paid good money . and now the job is worse than before .. go back to the garge .. s

·
MEG Sergeant
3,099 Posts
hi Andrew . and no it is not a sign of a nackered trubo in my book it is a sign of a not so well completed jobbie .. go back to the garge where they did this job and point out what you found .. tell them the motor is well down on boost and worse than when you left the motor in to theie expert care and demand they fix the problem .. afterasll you have paid good money . and now the job is worse than before .. go back to the garge .. s
I wish it was that simple, the garage will simply say using innotec was at the customers behest and not their concern, mine came back running on 3 cylinders following an innotec session with a "open circuit" fault on an injector, I then took it to swad diesels, replacing that did little so I had the other 3 done, the revive treatment THEN done lasted a day....

4 x recons and mr muscle and its not bad now....had a knock sensor dtc but that's not come back, buying a new sensor tomorrow, and having a strut bearing fitted.

spend and worry....spend and worry, but got a good deal on breakdown cover for safety's sake (and a long trip at the weekend)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That the thing about the noise... I still pretty much the same boost as before...also mondeotdci what do u mean 3 cylinders? I'm confused is there cylinders in the turbo as well as the engine?

·
MEG Sergeant
3,099 Posts
if your turbo arm/VNT is stuck (you have a P132b fault) your turbo is stuck in one place....it cant work normally

get that arm off before the actuator motor burns out trying to move it and you get a £200 bill just for that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts