Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i just looin into the possibility of gettin my st24 turbo'd has anyone on here done this or does anyone know where i can get it done cheers its either that or buy a subaru and id much rather have a st turbo

·
Megger
82 Posts
what about a supercharger from the us of a ?? there is one for the contour svt which should fit :beer: :beer:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
there are so guys working on a turbo conversion for the contour in america they reckon it'll cost about $2500 but shipping could be a bit steep :)

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
lozisbest said:
How much bhp would a Turbo add on an st24?
How long is a piece of string?

You can add as much power as you want with a turbo (to a certain degree) You could run the engine to 10krpm and get 1200bhp, or just add a little boost and take it to 200bhp. Depends on type and size of turbo(s). But it also depends on how you go about preparing the engine for a turbo too. You could run 8psi on a standard 2.5 no problem, and probably get around 250bhp. Any higher than that and you would be looking at lowering compression. Then to go really high you will need to get forged pistons and rods etc

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
sparker said:
lozisbest said:
How much bhp would a Turbo add on an st24?
How long is a piece of string?

You can add as much power as you want with a turbo (to a certain degree) You could run the engine to 10krpm and get 1200bhp, or just add a little boost and take it to 200bhp. Depends on type and size of turbo(s). But it also depends on how you go about preparing the engine for a turbo too. You could run 8psi on a standard 2.5 no problem, and probably get around 250bhp. Any higher than that and you would be looking at lowering compression. Then to go really high you will need to get forged pistons and rods etc
so if i was to go to my local scrap yard , find a bugatti veron , with my 13mm socket remove the x4 turbos and slap them on me mondeo :}

it would be cool wont it, admit it :} :}

i have to admit it would be so nice if there was a place out there who done a turbo kit for the v6 mondeo at set it up on the roll road for you etc with out looking at stuip price around the 6k mark :(

·
Resident LED Guru
2,912 Posts
its theoretically possible to do that yes. But im going to have to say it would be impossible to find a bugatti Veyron in any scrap yard. If you found one in your local then id be quite amazed.

But anyway, the veyron doesnt have the biggest turbos. 250bhp is all each of them need to produce. Although they would be perfect for a twin turbo V6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.