Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading some previous posts about the power delivery of these engines I have read that the power does step up at about about 2500 rpm due to the second stage of the injectors.

What is this?

Is it a mechanical thing on each injector or a setting within the injector pump?

Just wondering as my van has a similar type of engine with two stage injectors.

Cheers

Dick. ;)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Dunno how it works to be honest but have noticed a big change in the tone of the engine (more grunty) when booting it at about the 2,500 revs mark. When driving convervatively it doesnt happen so I would guess its a setting in the pump.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Well I tested this on mine before to see when it does change. The tone tends to change at about 2.2k revs and doesn't really change again - but from 2.2 it pulls very very hard.

·
Big Megger
159 Posts
Someone told me that this is the injection pump advancing itself up however i do dislike this about the tddi esp when the engine is first started from cold and you drive at about 2k rpm in first in a light throttle you can hear really rattling sound coming and going.

MC

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
yes rattles like a bag of spanners when cold at about 1900 rpm

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Mines definately louder when its cold - but wouldn't describe it as a bag of spanners. I did previously have a MK2 TD that wasnt in the best of health though so that probably clouds my judgement :}

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
jonnyloppy said:
yep, bag of spanners sums mine up at those revs when cold.just turn the tunes up abit and it aint as noticeable :whistling:
Amen, I hear no spanners when the subs going :}

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
i just don't rev it that high till its got plenny of oil innit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.