Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Little Megger
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a courier that could pickup and deliver four tyres? I tried to get DHL to give a clear statement whether there would be an issue with bare tyres (labelled) but they wouldn't!

·
Big Megger
3,045 Posts
Can anyone recommend a courier that could pickup and deliver four tyres? I tried to get DHL to give a clear statement whether there would be an issue with bare tyres (labelled) but they wouldn't!
I'm not sure if we're on the same wavelength here, but when I've had tyres delivered in the past, they have been wrapped in pairs in clingfilm.

Is that what you mean by bare?

·
Little Megger
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cling film makes sense; putting them in boxes (DHL's suggestion) doesn't.

I've had tyres delivered in the past that had no wrapping at all, just a label; these things are made to carry 600kg at up to 150MPH after all...

·
Big Megger
3,045 Posts
Cling film makes sense; putting them in boxes (DHL's suggestion) doesn't.

I've had tyres delivered in the past that had no wrapping at all, just a label; these things are made to carry 600kg at up to 150MPH after all...
In the past I've had from Camskill and MyTyres. Give them a ring and ask what courier they use. Then you can make :L there.

·
MEG Corporal
2,694 Posts
Reactions: imacleod

·
Super Moderator
29,803 Posts
The problem is that the big boys have special deals with the couriers. I know some wont

take lithium batteries but several model suppliers use those couriers.

Packages are properly labelled as lithium batteries also, so they are not hiding the fact

they are batteries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts