Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know how much it would cost?

Here goes the story.... :yawn: skip to the bottom if you haven't got time... :tongue:

Went up to Straford-upon-Avon, then Birmingham yesterday... when leaving for Birmingham felt the front offside was a bit soft (well you know that kind of feeling when you run over cat's eyes). Parked and had supper... when leaving my gut feeling urged me to go for a pump :idea: . Then at the pump the offside went down to 18psi from 35, and totally normal on the other side! :confused:

Wondered... but continued and went on the motorway... about 30 miles from bristol, stopped in the service station for the loo.. and checked round. All four tyres were steaming (imagine having 4 people in the car going at 80mph...) so it was much harder to find the hole... eventually found it and it was a nail that buried deep down in the groove and i didn't have a pen knife with me :doh: . Pumped it up again and managed to go back to the house... very lucky indeed :whistling:

Pulled it out last night and the leaking stopped immediately... self sealing? Still alright at the moment.

Booked in for a tyre change coz it's Christmas and New Year coming up... and don't want to be stuck on boxing day in case....

Right here is situation... how much will it cost for repairing? How reliable are they and has anybody here got it done before? just want to know that as a future reference.

Any comment welcome!

Phil

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Normal puncture repair is between £3 and £5 depending on where you go usually. If its on the outer edge of the tyre (too near the sidewall) then its new tyre time, but if its in the middle and not a massive big hole then should be 5 minute job for a tyre place to sort out.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate,

Damm... so £70 spent too early then! :shifty:

Anyway... time to convince myself all the horrible bit on the front tyres... almost down to 3mm, cracks on the shoulder... :tongue:

Should have asked yesterday! :tongue:

Cheers

Phil

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
you can get it fix for 16 quid as well, try kwikfit.
don't forget to get it balanced after that.

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
£16 from kwikfit?

Never put my car in there (apart from a battery test) despite it was just 30 yards from my house... :tongue: due to the poor reputation....

Is the £16 from Kwikfit including rebalancing and so on? Or is that something else?

Cheers

Phil

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right... cheers... :L

Well.. next time maybe... :blush:

Thx

Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.