Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I need some new front tyres for my Mk2 2.0 petrol.

Is there a particular brand that works best on the Mondeo ?, or do I just stick with something that I have heard of (No budget tat like Dingdong crappacacks) ?.

I've been offered some Falkens by Rapid fit at £40 each all in, and some Avons by a local tyre place for £42 each all in. Has anyone had experience with either of these tyres ?

·
Big Megger
243 Posts
i just use my kingpin radial remoulds ;)

i have had two where the remould peeled away from the tyre

·
Registered
621 Posts
I got a set of Falken FK451s (I think) on my MK2 when the Yokohamas that were on the wheels when I bought them got just that little bit too low...

At first I thought they were much better, but got them in the wet and the front wheels would light up at the drop a of a hat.

I had Avon ZV1s on an ancient 320i Touring and from memory they were great.

My view with tyres is that they're your only contact with the road, so don't buy cheap & nasty - although the Falkens were about £70.00 each...

Best tyres I had were Michelin Pilot Primacys, but they are very expensive.

I'm currently using Dunlop SP Sport 01 and have no complaints; loads of grip wet & dry, one pair have been on for about 15k now and still have 4-5mm of tread left.

Hope that's of help.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Registered
197 Posts
Avons all the way with me. I put some ZV3's (195/60R15 88H)on my Mk2 2.0 in July and still look line new 5k on. Same price at £42 each fit & bal. Had no problems but yet to try them on the ice!. Also have Avon ZZ3's on my ST200.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.